What you wish other RPs would do? (IC related)

Sora

So just something I've been thinking about! What are some thing (In character) that you wish other roleplayers did/did more often?

On my site, I love to read what the other members are doing in their threads, so these are things that I've noticed are surprisingly lacking, and I really wished other roleplayers explored them more.

-Complicated/volatile relationships that from the get-go are meant to end badly. 

I've done this sort of plot before, and it was sooooooo much fun! It was just a great change of pace. To just intentionally cause fights, and drama, and break up the pair in a chaotically explosive way. 

-Jerks. 

Not bad guys, but characters that are just genuinely terrible people. These have been some of my favorite characters to read but it's not a popular character type because a lot of roleplayers don't want to play fundamentally terrible people, and other roleplayers don't want to roleplay with those characters.

SO? What do you wish you saw more often?

Edited by Sora
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

More plots that aren't centered on romance. I like romance but I like my family and friend relationships. I love antagonists too. I just want more plots that are more widespread and people don't just prioritize the romantic ones.

• Love 1
  • Preach it! 2

Reality is an illusion. 

Slow burns and naturally organic romance plots, like i dont want to plot every single detail out. Like let us throw two people together and see how they hit it of and then see where they go. End up together, awesome, end up as super close friends? doubly awesome.

• Fuck Yeah! 1

user posted image                                                                                              

One of my friends makes characters with the ultimate end goal of: "they die," and I don't think I'll ever get sick of that.

More gag characters. I religiously follow gag characters.

• Cheers 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

20 hours ago, Somniac said:

One of my friends makes characters with the ultimate end goal of: "they die," and I don't think I'll ever get sick of that.

More gag characters. I religiously follow gag characters.

Ugh i do this and its such a good feeling to have that one character you can kill.

• Love 1

user posted image                                                                                              

Playing elder characters, life exeperienced and genuinly awesome instead of only exclusively young looking and pretty people.

• Preach it! 2

azqw7jG.png

Active characters that are active longer than the initial "honeymoon period" of a month or two. >___>

• LOL 1

addds.gif.2e6b2697e05de6bbe39af8e65a3e5840.gif

On 8/17/2019 at 6:25 AM, Samantha said:

Playing elder characters, life exeperienced and genuinly awesome instead of only exclusively young looking and pretty people.

I forgot about that one! That's a good one and one I wish I saw more often too! Life experienced characters can be so much fun! People just need to give them a chance!

• Like 1

- Less holding themselves back, basically: be a bit more daring in their posts. I think ultimately, there's a problem of people restraining what they want to put into a post or just even what might have been put into a post if they really let loose and genuinely let the writing take over. Not just for their character, but their surroundings, NPC's, etc. It's probably out of fear - but it means everyone loses out of really organic scenes and story-telling that isn't stiff/stifled and just... doesn't go anywhere. 

- Less going with the grain and more going against the grain in terms of character types and plots - there's a lot of plot and character types that are popular as a whole and popular depending on their genre. Things would be less stale and more interesting if people experimented a bit more. Goes back to what others were saying with older characters, but also less conventionally attractive characters. The more variety in characters (demographics, motives, etc), the more variety in plots. Things also get unpredictable. 

- With the above, people willing to branch out and write with unusual, less popular, or less conventional characters/character types/character demographics. Because as great as it is to bring change/be the change, it can't be done if no one's receptive to it. 

Edited by Vellamo
added last bit
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 1