Star Trek Forum RP

StormyWays13

Okay, so I making a Star Trek RP but instead of Nova I am use Gaia for forums. But I can not decide what type of forum structure to use for the ship.

So the ship have 15 decks. I have two ideas :

1. List all 15 decks in separate forums and have a list of tags available for the key areas.
  2. Only list the key areas of the ship for posting, and then have a forum at the end for all the other areas.

Star Trek RPG usually use nova for posting, which has a location based posting method. But I am struggling to make up my mind on the structure.

Any suggestions or opinions?

“There's a scream permanently lodged in my throat now.”
― Michelle McNamara

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with Option 2: Only list the key areas of the ship for posting, and then have a forum at the end for all the other areas.

I believe that @Arceus plans on adding the ability to create more fields for our posting forms at some time in the future. However, even if we already had that, I would start with the bare minimum of forums needed and utilize the tags system. If you see an area that is getting more use than others, then you can add that forum and move the posts to it.

Also, remember that Gaia has that awesome timeline ability although I'm not sure how it will work with stardates, if you're using those. But anyway, you can set up the timeline page to show the threads in a timeline order.

Good luck with the site. I'd love to see it when it's finished.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Chiming in to say, since the month and year definitions are fully customisable, you should be able to get it working with almost any dating system that follows a M-D-Y date pattern. With some creativity you can probably finagle it into other formats.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Thank you both for the ideas! I'm excited to play around with the Gaia dates. 😄

I'm going to do the key areas with tags, I think it will streamline the look and make things easier to navigate.

“There's a scream permanently lodged in my throat now.”
― Michelle McNamara

That's what I've done for now with Aereth although it's probably going to change a bit now that we've decided what lands are where. However, for minute location details, we'll use the tag system.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!