Auto Greeted

StormyWays13

As a member, I'm far more likely to stay on a board if I'm engaged or at least acknowledged right away--not because I expect it or anything, but it's a nice way to invite people into a community and it shows me that people are there and active. If it's not an admin but another member, I'm even more inclined to stay. Automated messages don't have the same feel, but I still appreciate the effort.

As an admin, I used both jcink autogenerated pm's and try to welcome people into our discord myself as they join and see how they're doing. I really enjoy getting to know new people and to see what kind of concepts they have in mind when they join, and it seems like if a person isn't welcomed right away, they sort of become a ghost in our server.

The jcink pm is just a guide on where to start and where to submit things once a character is accepted, so it serves a purpose both in welcoming members and in giving them some direction.

• Agree 1

1768993049_lssig.png.528ca56ae06dad54600991b2a8d34cf9.png