Your Best Villains

Dragon

• Operations Mod

Out of the 'villainous' characters you've written in your career, which were your favorites - and why? What made them a villain? 

My favorite 'villains' have typically been characters that were neither created, nor ever intended to be, the 'bad guy' or 'evil force' within the story. Rather, their beliefs and values ultimately lead them to commit atrocities 'for the greater good' because of their blind belief in the rightness of their nation/faction/cause. 

• Like 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I think it was when i played the Goddess Nyx, her back story was a little different, so she ended up being the bad guy, . But she wasn't evil per say, but her actions to most would pretty much paint her as the true bad guy.

user posted image                                                                                              

My favorite villain was a super classy and well off lady. Fancy dinner dates at high end restaurants, limos, crazy expensive fashion, very well mannered and never lost control of her emotions. Like definitely not the sort of person you'd expect to be 'evil', until you really started to realize how many strings she was pulling. She was a puppeteer, so she would manipulate other people to do all her dirty work for her. And just... slowly built up her empire.

It's a really fun villain for me, because a lot of the members were terrified of her! Just because they knew she'd squash them like a bug if they ever got in her way, and you never really knew why she was doing things/what she'd do next. It was only at the end of the plot, when you could see all her actions together, that it finally made sense what she'd been up to.

Honestly, my favourite villain is the one who is absolutely aware that he's the 'bad guy' and doesn't care. When he realised the world saw him as a monster, he went "fuck it, I'll give them a monster". He knows that he has hypocritical views. He knows his latest murder was unnecessary. He knows that situation could have been resolved peacefully. He knows the 'good guys' are right about many things. When he realises in hindsight that he was wrong about something, he does the shrug emoji and moves on without considering apologising. In the canon source, he was originally so blind in his beliefs and goals that he didn't realise he was doing the wrong thing and ended up repentant. But with the site I'm writing him on being AU, I decided screw it, he's well aware of what he's doing and he's not going to say sorry to anybody. It's actually been a lot of fun since I've always very much liked the canon interpretation (and all the angst that goes with it) and trying it differently has made me stop and think about several situations that I would have breezed through when playing him 'true to canon'. 

• Admin

I don't know how to really expound on why she's my favorite but by saying her name.

Elizabeth.

She started out as Elizabeth Bathory and has a few renditions (specifically for sites that a vampire didn't fit). Just a bit of an annoying bitch. She's a sado-masochist that laughs as you hurt and laughs when she hurts you. She's known for being ready to die laughing. With her crocodile grin to her annoying games that she plays with people. She is just my favorite to play.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

My greatest villain was one who created new villains. He had a thing for corrupting others, and was good at it.

But that was a long time ago --- I don't have the stomach for writing really horrible villains anymore, which may be a bit of a flaw as a writer. But I don't mind really. I enjoy playing the hero against other peoples' villains. XD

Some of my favorite villains have been perfectly average people, consumed by the perception of their own greatness or fantastical (read: garden-variety) woes.

Never underestimate the profound impact of the everyday wo/man.

• Like 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

My favorite character period started out as the main villain's henchman/bodyguard. After a few rounds of play, he upgraded to being the evil scientist's lab partner. Then he became the creator of evil experiments. Then bodyguard/caretaker of an evil experiment gone rogue.  

A decade later, and now he's a good guy former bodyguard who helps the government track down supernatural things. But I'll never forget his origins. 

• Love 1

My horrible serial killer that stole young boys and kept them for a while before murdering them. Sometimes it's just cathartic to play somebody completely immoral and evil hearted. The site is dead now but he was going to get his comeuppance when one of his former boys turned on him. 

• Like 1

Reality is an illusion.