Anyone a horror fan?

Aurora_Faith

Hello everyone! 

My online name is Aura. I've been roleplaying for about 10 years. I also started on neopet with silly vampire roleplays! My longest roleplay lasted 3 years solid. Although, I was looking for a darker story but it contined leaning  toward vampires with families till we had 4+ generations.

I used to work in a comic book shop and so I have also have experience with not only table top board games but various types of roleplaying such as DnD or Exulted.

I LOVE horror. You should see my house. It's pretty much all I watch. Movies, anime, series ect. I'm currently on page 200/1200 of the complete works of HP Lovecraft. 

Anyone else out here a horror fan?

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Aurora_Faith we're glad to have you. We have some horror fans here. I'm one of them. There are even some of crazy kids that love Monster movies a ton (I'm also one of those). What's your favorite slice of Horror?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I love anything besides slasher movies but I pretty much love anything from Creature of the Black Lagoon to the Rob Zombie movies ❤️ My absolute favorite is the psychological horror genre or vampires done right like the Lost Boys

What about you?

• Cheers 1

• Operations Mod

Welcome! 

I count myself among the legion of horror fans. 

Not real big on slashers, myself. I prefer things more skewed toward psychological horror. But monster movies/creature features are my all time favorite - all the werewolves, sharks and zombies fighting bigfoot (okay so that's more gory comedy but hey).

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• Admin

I'm more of a horror slut. I watch and enjoy everything from creature features to psych horror to slashers and more. I really have no shame when it comes to movie watching or enjoying. In my house I'm known for my "terrible taste in movies" despite just enjoying a movie for what it is, something entertaining to watch.

It helps that my daughter loves slashers and whatnot so it's something we can enjoy together.

@Aurora_Faith

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

It's actually a funny story. On my first date with my now fiance he asked if I wanted to watch a gore movie. I told him sure! I was very naive and thought gore movies meant 'showed blood' he showed me Dead Alive. I about threw up! Now I love them ❤️

I bought 20+ fangoria magazines and we'll go through and pick B rated horror/gore movies out. No shame!

Ya'll should suggest some movies!

(This isn't my writing style btw. I just don't feel great today.)

• Operations Mod

I could suggest movies for a while XD! 

You should check out our Monster Fan coterie, I've got an ongoing listing of suggestions and links to streaming options. 

As a general stream site I highly recommend Tubi. It's chock full of all kinds of Horror options, free and you don't even need to register an account unless you want to build a watch list!

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Typically I watch more movies because I'm slightly dyslexic but I do enjoy reading? What is your favorite movie? My favorite psychological horror was definitely  21

7 hours ago, Aurora_Faith said:

Typically I watch more movies because I'm slightly dyslexic but I do enjoy reading? What is your favorite movie? My favorite psychological horror was definitely  21

I'm not dyslexic, but I do struggle reading smaller print.

Sometimes the library has audiobooks, or if it's in the public domain a lot of people will do readings on YouTube. That's what I'm doing to finish Dracula.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

I tried but I can't do it! I have a hard time with audio books for the soul reason I want to imagine the voices and for the same reason I can't read web anime or books, I want to turn the pages. I am now 200/1200 pages into the complete works of HP Lovecraft. 

On a side note, it's his birthday today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 12:25 AM, Aurora_Faith said:

I like the newer remake of Carrie myself. 

Welcome to the Initiative, Aura! 

I'm a casual fan of horror. I tend to adore anything dealing with the macabre or spooky. The smarter and more intellectually stimulating the horror, the more I tend to like it (many of the "horror" movies I tend to be a fan of could probably be classified more as "thrillers," I think). 

Although horror movies are hit and miss with me, I ADORE horror novels! I've read a decent amount of King, a little Lovecraft, and a few other spookyspook novels from various authors. The atmosphere in such books is always a delectable experience. 

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.

Welcome aboard!

I am also a horror movie fan. While my favorite horror movie is The Haunting, my favorite horror franchise has to be Final Destination. What is truly scary is the unknown but you can't live in fear.