How did you find your most recent RP?

Morrigan

What method provided you with your most recent roleplay that you're on?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:56 AM, slowsadmariachi said:

A friend and I started our current site because we were unhappy with an experience we had playing on someone else's. We wanted to create an environment where creativity was welcome and people were friendly to one another. We don't want our players to have to try to read our minds or feel like they're limited in what they can do beyond what's physically possible in the universe. We want them to feel like they can shit it up in the Discord chat without someone coming in to argue with them over something trivial. Most of our goals were social ones, and those translate well in play so far as well.

Took the words straight from my brain. My friend and I just created a site together for the same reasons. 

Reality is an illusion. 

I made my site. 

Honestly, I don't really join others sites anymore. Maybe I'm a bit of a control freak. lol Really, I just had some bad experiences on joining others sites. And then I had a string of sites where they ended up asking me to be an admin very quickly. I figured it was just meant to be,

But for a number of years my group of friends did HP sites. One site fizzled out and we were looking into making another. My friend suggested a change of genre. I didn't really want to but she is super convincing. Best decision we could have made.

Edited by Marcella
  • Preach it! 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voted. 

My current site is one I have created myself with my partner. I have an obsession with all things royals and have always liked the story of Grace Kelly and how she became the Princess of Monaco and so I kind of wanted to play that out. It was just something that I thought would be really interesting to explore and so I just made it.

Platinum and Pearls

a real life rp set in a fictional version of Monaco

advertisement.png

I think this poll is actually incredibly interesting, because it seems to me that there's a prevailing problem in the RP community, which seems like is a relatively small community, and yet, more than half of us made our own site. People get excited about an idea, create a new site, and if it doesn't take off, abandon it to create something new. And we never understand why others don't join us. The answer, I fear, is because so many of the people who would join your site, are busy trying to make their own.

I'm definitely not pointing fingers, because at long last, I have my own site now too. The reason I do, is because I really love writing in The 100 universe, and the first site I joined was already on its way out, so I joined another, and then the person running that site went AWOL, so me and everyone who was left, packed up and moved. We literally moved two years worth of our posts to a new site so we could continue our story. In the 4ish years that I've been writing in The 100 universe, which doesn't have a very big fan base to begin with, I've probably come across at least 10-15 dead, dying, or struggling sites, and in a way, I feel like we're all sabotaging ourselves, and each other.

trWJFyW.jpg.ad3989be07828341d22b3ef27aef8cb5.jpg

3 hours ago, Foxamy said:

I think this poll is actually incredibly interesting, because it seems to me that there's a prevailing problem in the RP community, which seems like is a relatively small community, and yet, more than half of us made our own site. People get excited about an idea, create a new site, and if it doesn't take off, abandon it to create something new. And we never understand why others don't join us. The answer, I fear, is because so many of the people who would join your site, are busy trying to make their own.

It could be that this board is just frequented by a lot of a site owners, or even that site owners just in general are more likely to participate on forums talking about RP.

Edited by sohvi
  • Agree 2
  • Preach it! 1

b3.png.ddd374d50d86896978f146d1af65d1a4.png

11 hours ago, Foxamy said:

I'm definitely not pointing fingers, because at long last, I have my own site now too. The reason I do, is because I really love writing in The 100 universe, and the first site I joined was already on its way out, so I joined another, and then the person running that site went AWOL, so me and everyone who was left, packed up and moved. We literally moved two years worth of our posts to a new site so we could continue our story. In the 4ish years that I've been writing in The 100 universe, which doesn't have a very big fan base to begin with, I've probably come across at least 10-15 dead, dying, or struggling sites, and in a way, I feel like we're all sabotaging ourselves, and each other.

7 hours ago, sohvi said:

It could be that this board is just frequented by a lot of a site owners, or even that site owners just in general are more likely to participate on forums talking about RP.

These are both extremely valid points on different aspects of the roleplay process, however the topic at hand is "How did you find your most recent rp?" I think both subjects have their merits, and would personally love to discuss them myself, but they are not suitable for this thread. 

If you'd like to further discuss the topic of dead sites and subsequent creation of new ones, as well as weigh the pros and cons of our abilities to create new sites on a whim, I strongly encourage you to create a new thread in our Roleplay Management forum so that we can continue the discussion there.

For the discussion of the primary use of roleplay resource sites and those who use them, it'd also be best to create a new thread in this forum--as that is also a conversation very much worth having.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Guest burningbridges19

Given the poll results, I'm obviously the odd one out here, but, I actually found the latest forum I joined through an affiliate button on another site. I often go through sites' affiliate links to look for new RPs to join. I mean, it's on their site, so I'm guessing it fits the genre at least marginally, so why not give it a try?

• 1 month later...

I made my latest forum where I'm roleplaying. It had been a long while I've roleplayed and felt more comfortable starting my own site instead of joining somewhere else and failing miserably, haha. Plus, I had the idea in my head for this roleplay for a while and was excited to see it come together. I'm just hoping other people like it and join in on it at some point or another!

dreamcityrpgsig.png

I found my current site from tumblr + hopping from jcink site to jcink site, browsing their advertisements. They were advertising prior to opening on tumblr and I'd forgotten until I spotted them advertising on another jcink rp. I've been there 6+ months!

A friend of mine pointed me towards an ad for a new site on a resource site, and the rest is history.

• 3 weeks later...

My most recent one was through a wanted ad. I'd seen them around for a while but always passed over them. They reached out and now I'm there.

Ramis Fatorum