Application Fields (Please read post first)

Morrigan

Message added by Morrigan

Please read the post before voting in the poll! This is for a user READING an application not creating one.

What do you like as a point of reference? Meaning that you like it possibly in the mini-profile or profile.  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

Please discuss why you feel the details you voted for are necessary for you as a roleplayer READING an app not as a rolplayer creating an app.

What are parts of a profile (if you use or like apps even if they are optional) are parts of the profile that you think are necessary? Please do not confuse this with this topic:

This is more a question of what you prefer to see in applications or at least profiles whether it be  as a point of reference or something that would inspire you to offer a plot.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

When it comes to me reading a app/mini/profile, then i need to know what species a character is. Mostly so i know if i have similair, could they know one another etc. Same as faction etc. History is always good but not needed for me. I just like those small snipppets so i know those basic points and i can go cool your a werewolf, so and so is a werewolf then they might know one another or run in the same circles. Oh so and so is a cop, then so is this one or this one is a criminal and we can do this together. 

I have both joined and ran no apps sites, and while i do think they are great, i have also run across those that then don't even fill out the mini profiles so i have no point of reference for anything save, a face. And i have come across those who then just shoot down everything you throw at them. So i prefer those little points of reference to just get a base line for a plot down.

• Agree 1

user posted image                                                                                              

All right, so I voted that I don't need an app to plot with anybody. But on my own sites, although they are NOT a requirement, I always have age and height in the mini profile because I like to have those easily accessible. They're still not required but they help me out while writing. Anything else is just icing for me. If a character isn't using a face claim, I'd also like a written reference to how they look, but again, not required. 

Having age and height in the mini helps out so that my character has a reference to make when looking at the other character. Do they have to look up? Down? Are they like HOLY CRAP, HE'S HUGE or SHE'S SO TINY? Things like that. And age or perceived age helps out too, even if my character doesn't know how old the other character is themselves. 

• Agree 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I voted 'faction' as something I require as a starting point, though I'd file 'occupation' and status as similar. Knowing nothing else: where might my characters bump into yours?

Doesn't matter if it comes up in app, chat, or DM - I'd just like a hook to come up somewhere.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

• Operations Mod

The only points of reference I need, period are - Age, Faction/Alliance, and Species/Race as applicable to non-reality based settings - race isn't important in say, slice of life. I would also include career/occupation under 'other'. 

These are the key points to gateway into a plot. Hey our characters both live in x location and are x age - they probably go/went to school together. Or 'they're both cops, they'd know each other at least in passing'. 

I don't find history and personality all that useful, because you don't meet people knowing this kind of thing; and if there's any significantly important aspect of either, my partner can inform me ahead of time. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Although I did answer a variety of points that would be helpful to know prior to starting an RP, none of them are actually necessary for me to strike up an RP with a potential partner. For me, it's all about the person on the other side of that RP as opposed to any specific character. I want to know that the person I'm writing with exhibits the attributes and habits I like in a partner (patience, creativity, flexibility, etc). If a writer has these qualities, usually whatever kind of character they come up with is going to be great. I'm a flexible writer and can work with most things my partner throws at me, so compatibility with my partner is far more important than individual characters. 

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.

On all my sims we have a significant application process that requires well thought out character descriptions and histories. Sometimes, we modify the application form, if required, depending on the genre/franchise the sim is set in. We usually require a character description and history of where the character was up to the point of joining. This always helps our players to have an understanding of characters before they are expected to write with them.

Perhaps the most important, yet optional, field in the application is a character image/avatar. This really helps players to visualise a character.