Jungle Book Themed Sandbox RPG

Esoteric

i've been mulling over the idea to make a multi species rpg and i've always been a fan of kipling's stories. i enjoy the concepts about law and freedom and the animal-formed archetypes.

the idea here is that is a play by post with soft fantasy tones like gods and cursory magic, as well as a points reward system built around world building and character relationships as well as politics and pressures of the community. here's some snippets of what i have 

"Set in an alternate post-apocalyptic world where humans have long perished and the Earth has retaken its great architectures and monuments. The creatures here have no knowledge of their existence, only the stone structures that nature grew around through the centuries of Wild. They have acquired their own languages, cultures, and history over generations of trial and error. Famine and war were rites of passages within the kingdoms. Heroes and betrayal, families snuffed out, victories for the underdogs. Our story centers on the wolf and leopard kingdoms, which is divided up into three sectors along the Eastern Coast. The Northern Hemisphere is occupied by the wolves, as the Southern Empire belongs to the leopard tribes. What lay between is mutual territory where acts of war and trade have been exchanged. Their country is but a spec of dust within the continent they neighbor various other ruled provinces. Each species flourished in clans, in feudal systems and democracies, ferrying peace through commerce, pardons, and conflict. Their gods are the gods of every animal on Jilead. Each an Avatar representation of their element and yolk. Worship is voluntary, but ingrained in the communities. God involvement is set to a minimal to leave room for individual character development."

Avatars - Elephant (The Mountains, Wisdom & Sacred Law, Earth), Pangolin (The Narrator; Trickster, God of Crossroads & Fire), Sambar Deer (Hunting/Fishing & War, Water), Court of Owls (Cenobites of the Desert, Chaos Gods, Wind) 

The gods have no gender binary, save for the Trickster whom is male.

Crocodiles are the ferrymen of the rivers, a bridge between reality and spirit world; they are demons, wordsmiths. Sobek, the largest of them, is a child of the River and Night as the Elephants are children of Sun and The Jungle.

Default Powers //

Fire: Radiation. Unnatural waves of heat that stir up your character's metabolism, making them stronger though temperamental.

Water: The changing element. You can breathe under water and swim efficiently.

Air: You can glide at distances, your agility has increased.

Earth: Healing. The ability to heal shallow cuts, bruising, and fractures, but not broken bones or deep lacerations.

Auspices are spiritual connections, or roles within the game. The moon-sign that marks an animal's Rite of Passage, it is an involuntary branding that occurs at birth with all species. A Mother's gift that will determine the craft and destiny of your character. As the Father's judgement will pass Karma & Trials that test your gifts.

Artifacts & Tributes - jawbones & teeth, pelts, beetles, flowers & vegetation, fruits, horns, snakeskin, mushrooms, feathers, grain, 

Jungle book themed icons for achievements and awards

Blessings & Side Quests 

Free form guild creation including ranks and system of government, themes, and pack lore
Conquest Cycle, Limitations and Consequences (Behavioral ticks, Bodily traumas, Karma)

Incentives for

-Amount of posts and character interactions
-Character development, more interactions
-Friendships and Partnerships, as well as Nemesis / Rivalry

Act of Violence or Madness deducts points or ability to level up, gain a god's favor, ect.

Jackals, Spotted Leopards, Sloth Bears, Pythons, Wolves, Tigers, Vulture, Porcupine, Sambar Deer, Buffalo, Boar, Peacock, Cobras, Crocodiles, Kite, Pangolians, 
Jungle BookThemed Multi Species (focuses currently on wolf and leopard empires) Sandbox RPG

The land will be modeled after China and India, with the Himalayan mountains dividing our known territories.
For extra points (like idk 50 posts on first character account?) can create other animal accounts

The Moon and River is their Mother
The Sun and Skies is Father

--

This is just some of the notes of what I have so far. There's more, but I wanted to engage this delightful community here to see if there was any advice or critique you could offer for my project's journey going forward. I want to create an inclusive community that focuses on writing and character development. But, I understand there needs to be a balance, and a more goal oriented reward system in place to establish report with other players. Thoughts? And Hello, there. I am new. I go by Wick. My pronouns are He / They. Nice to meet you all.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic