Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rugs

To my home of 10 years

Where has the time gone?

I came on SWU as I was preparing to leave home to go to college. I'd roleplayed a bit a few years before, in my early high school years, but had drifted away from the hobby. I figured why not give it a shot? It might be something to keep me busy for a little while.

A little while turned into a few months, then to one year, then to two and on and on. I found myself growing from an ordinary member who tried to keep my head down, to a mentor to a moderator. The members, who wrote so well, who seemed at first so intimidating, grew to be fast friends. Before I knew it, this site I joined on a whim, this hobby, became an integral facet of my life, and 10 years later I'm still happy to call it my roleplaying home. 

The friendships I've built through these years have transcended just roleplaying itself. To my wonderful staff, who helped breathe life anew into the site last year and have it humming along today, you guys and gals are the best. To my amazing writing partners who have gone on all sorts of crazy adventures with me through the years, thank you.

To those of you who have grown to be my friends beyond SWU, with the late night Skype, and later, discord calls with the dramatic readings, or Stellaris campaigns or rolling around on FFXIV, to being around to celebrate each others' triumphs and being there to pick each other up when we're down, you mean the world to me. 

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years writing with you guys. Here's looking to many more. 

Edited by Rugs
  • Love 2

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

Sign in to follow this