"Where are they now?" - players you wonder about

emeraldas

I particular miss this girl who went by Ren or Renny. We met on a historical rp and created our own. I even made a stop to visit her when I was in her state. But, as time went on, we both became busy with our real lives and eventually lost touch.

I also think about someone I had been friends with for a long time who had some issues in their real life. It came to a point that I had to cut ties with them because of their toxic behavior.

More recently, I had a friend that I would rp with all day and all night. She moved onto playing just video games , unfortunately.

I wonder if anyone ever thinks of me. 🥺

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

I get very nostalgic about everything really. That old video game I played as a kid? Nostalgic. The song I used to listen to when writing? Nostalgic. So it's no surprise that I get a lot of nostalgia when I remember my awesome rp partners that I used to write with.

The weirdest part for me is the fact I still have some of them as connections on discord, steam, playstation network, etc. We just... Don't talk anymore, and it would feel weird to reach out again after 5+ years to talk again. There are also a few people that I get a sort of sad nostalgia over, knowing I'll never get to write with them again.

But as a side note, I recently connected with a lot of people from my past and we've gotten together again recently to start writing together again and it's just... [i]Awesome[/i]. Nothing could compare to how I feel right now.

• 3 weeks later...

There was someone I used to write with a long time ago who I've fallen out of contact with over a situation that I still often feel guilty about (even though none of it was particularly my fault). We had reconnected after some time away for a few months before he eventually ghosted. It wasn't until much later that I'd learned the reason he had left without a word was because someone who had mutually hurt the both of us was also on site (under a different alias with the intention of keeping their identity a secret since they knew that they were not welcome), and left probably to protect himself from them. I don't blame him at all, I just miss him and I hope that he's alright out there wherever he is. 

spacer.png

home. | guidebook. | canons. | discord.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, so many! I used to be on anime forums a lot as a pre-teen/teen and most of them poofed. AnimeFantasia -- the Fight Room -- s/o to Tommy-chan. I went from one forum, Hitoyakukau, with some friends to our own private forum -- s/o to Shadow, Tru-chan, Angel Zidane, Hikari.... unfortunately, I'm pretty sure most of the RPers I was friends with as a teen stopped RPing altogether. 

Then there are folks who are still in the RP sphere but stuck around a site I am no longer a part of. That's probably the biggest bummer -- not being able to share a space anymore. But these things happen!

spacer.png

are you an mcu fan? are you not a fan of what the movies/shows did at some points? do you sometimes wish you could turn back time? us too!

visit us at neverisnow.jcink.net

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't many people that I wonder about- but if I had to choose I wonder ever happened to this guy I very briefly RPed with, Copper. I remember he was an amazing roleplayer but he had cancer and suddenly disappeared- I saw him years later though thank god. But not long enough to stay in contact with him. Yo, Copper, if you're out there hit me up. We never got a proper chance to RP!

Signature.gif.f990d17d00a304eecbd3578bd5de4cf5.gif

Aw, man, I'm a little late to the party considering when this thread was posted, but seeing the topic brought back SO many memories (that I'll shorten for everyone's sanity, of course).

I tend to remember my old Warrior Cats buddies the most, from before I even turned 18- Fire, Sol, Storm, and Tea come to mind.  We weren't close, per se, but we were all pretty active posters back in the day.  I lost contact with Fire, Storm, and Tea when the site closed down around 2016, and I lost contact with Sol in mid-2017.  I miss them dearly, and I hope they're doing well.

More recently, I had an issue with my Discord account that eventually resulted in me being unable to recover my friends list.  I had two friends there, Random/Grace and Tryp, that helped me unravel my supernatural wings, and I never got a chance to thank them for that!

Somehow I doubt that any of them are here, but on the off-chance that you think that one of these is you, please reach out- I miss you!

Working on it... Check back soon!

I've been lucky enough to keep in touch with a lot of friends I've made over the years. However there was one that got away and I always wonder how he's doing.  We used to hang out alll the time and we plotted out some epic things with multiple characters. The last time we spoke was on Yahoo Messenger / Myspace xD and you know how old those things are haha

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of folks that I wonder about as a player and as an Admin.

Those who left the site that I am admin on... did they leave cause real life got in the way or was it the site? Always worried!

Those I used to roleplay with... I miss. So many hours of amazing creativity sharing.

rpgam.png

Long ago when I was roping wolves I had a friend named Nancy that I now wonder just what happened to her? We would talk all the time then life got in the way and I stopped playing on that site for about a year. Came back she wasn’t there. Than there was a good amount of friends I used to rp with back on this old light vs dark horse rp site on avidgamers/Acornrack. I lost contact with all of them from there.

Oh my god this brings back so many memories but I do have to say there are three people I am thinking of when I read through everyone's stories about their once RP buddies.. Back when I first started Rping, my first RP site was called Hogwarts Regenerated and I played a character named Quinn Mikaelson.. I don't remember the handlers named but I remember their characters.. Tobias Count, a half vampire and the boyfriend to Quinn, Camille Fortescue who was a fellow witch with Quinn and her bestfriend of all time and Adam Jacobs who was a werewolf.. The four of them were great friends and us four handlers had a ball threading the four of them.. I hope to one day be reconnected with the handlers of Tobias, Adam, and Camille.. I MISS THE THREE OF YOU SO MUCH AND I HOPE TO ONE DAY BE REUNITED WITH YOU AMAZING PEOPLE *goes to cry in the corner*

elizabeth olsen marvel GIF

Quite a lot, actually. FeralFront/WCRPG had a lot of members I truly miss and want to see again, but it's been so long. Perhaps in the future!

owner of some website ❤️

• 1 month later...

Most of the people I care enough to wonder about probably haven't spared a passing thought about me since we parted ways, lmao.

First and foremost, there's Beastie from Duality. I went way back with her to the days of where I first met her on her Proboards site, Seven.

Secondly, there's Royal Panda? I think. She was also amazing. I knew her for a while off and on and I sometimes wonder where she went off to.

Thirdly, there's basically the entire site of Valkyrie. I started with them when they were a Proboards site and, at some point, I later found them on Jcink. They helped me be a better writer, and they were very patient with me when I was just starting out, lmao.

Finally, there's the entire site of Onyx Obsidian Butterfly. It was a self-hosted site with a rather unique premise based off of... I want to say Anita Blake. I went to see if they were still around and was saddened to see that they weren't. 

Other shout-outs include Abaddon City, Natural Instinct, Jersey Devil, and both MUSTANG and The Secret. 

Edited by kevin pearson
got the name wrong on the one site -shrug-
  • Cheers 1

There was a player I wrote with for years. We had a slow burn romance plot and just as the couple were about to admit their feelings for one another (2 years after we started writing them together)... she vanished. She never logged back onto the site or her AIM. None of our mutual friends heard from her again. 

• 2 weeks later...

So many online friends lost to time.

I started writing on Neopets lol. Had lots of buddies over the years there. 

Time just moves on, you know? Like rl friendships. You just tend to drift apart with lack of contact. 

❤️

• 4 weeks later...

I do from time to time recall various people. It's funny how people make such an impact... but growing up roleplaying, I guess it makes sense as it's part of the formative experience. There are nice players I've tried to reconnect with several years later, only to find that they are not quite as I remember them to be, or maybe not as skilled 🤔 I can remember some very dramatic individuals who put me through the ringer emotionally, though, and just wonder what they're doing or if they're still being problematic... lol