How many muses do you play?

Liannis

Update: I'm now on just two sites, one I run, one I don't.

WAB: 67

Energy: 1

Much more manageable for my scattered brain. 

Edited by Zozma

Reality is an illusion. 

I love a lot of things and have lots of character ideas that simply don't fit under the umbrella of a single genre, and sometimes mixing it up from one site to another can help me out of a funk when I fall into one.

Currently I play on three sites and three different genres; one is a cyberpunk site (the one I admin on), another is a private supernatural site I run with a friend, and another is a slice of life run by an acquaintance.

Between the three sites I have four characters right now, but it's shaping up to be more like seven with three waiting in the wings to be written and sorted out. Because of school I can't guarantee anything, really, but I'm hoping to be able to juggle them all on top of everything else. I really wish I took less time to write posts that aren't ass.

1768993049_lssig.png.528ca56ae06dad54600991b2a8d34cf9.png

In the past while I was still in school I used to play on multiple sites with maybe 2/3 characters on each, but now I'm an adult and have to spend most of the week at work it has definitely impacted on my ability to play on multiple sites and have multiple characters active! That's just me though. But right now ~

How many rp sites are you on? 2 officially. Waiting for 2 to open (but might not join both). 2 unofficially as they are private RP for a small group of friends and I haven't actually started posting on them yet. 1 that I'm working on as a project but I'm unsure if it'll ever get finished tbh.

Rough estimate, how many chars are you playing? 2 active, 1 on each of the official sites I'm on. 2 (ish?) in the works for one of the sites I'm active on. 1 on the private rp that I haven't done anything with yet 😬

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? At the moment the two active sites I'm on are different genres, but the two sites I'm waiting for are of the same genre, and my private RP is a different genre. I do play on multiple of the same genres and I have played the same character on multiple sites and tweaked them to fit in each. Only my fave characters though that I'm attached to, though I tend to find that the site they were made for originally are where I have the best muse for them.

This felt long and rambly lmao but my brain is mush today for some reason. Hopefully that made sense! (I am on a lot more sites/have more characters than I originally thought asfgfds)

One site I help manage as well

13 characters - three NPC's

Genre is Modern Supernatural

I dont tweak as its one site. 🙂

I would have to say 'main game' is loose World of Darkness, it used to be more Dark Age Fantasy.

spacer.png

I'm currently only on one site, but my co owner and I are about to start setting up our second board. The first is modern supernatural and the second is futuristic sci-fi supernatural. Although I am part of a few different roleplay discord groups. Currently I have about 60 characters, but only have 58 listed on my tumblr page for them (birdshitbreakfast.tumblr.com/characters - shamelessly plugging even though none of the buttons work and I only use that page, not even the entire tumblr lol). All of my characters are/can be AUed for the different places I'm in or they can be static characters. If they fits they sits, really.

Yo, I'm Jay. I'm married, got a kid, a dog, and a snake. I live in a house in TN, I'm a stay at home mom, my husband trucks and I'm ultra lonely. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

How many rp sites are you on?

Six.

rough estimate, how many chars are you playing?

hmm.... 20+

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? Do you have a ‘main’ game? Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site?

5 are all different. The 6th is a mutli-genre just getting started. I'd say my main ones are the ones I'm Admining, but I tend to try to give them all as much attention as I can. Occasionally some are tweaked to fit in different universes, yes. 

Six.

hmm.... 20+

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? Do you have a ‘main’ game? Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site?

5 are all different. The 6th is a mutli-genre just getting started. I'd say my main ones are the ones I'm Admining, but I tend to try to give them all as much attention as I can. Occasionally some are tweaked to fit in different universes, yes. 

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

• 4 right now. I own and admin 3 sites and am on one other that I have zero admin responsibility for. 

Rough estimate, how many chars are you playing?

• Not counting plot NPCs, I have 9 characters scattered through the 4 RPs.

• The one site that I don't own is in the same genre as one of my sites. I joined the other site when I was thinking hard about closing mine. My main game is one of my own. It's a sword and sorcery RP and currently getting a total makeover. On occasion I will play a different version of one of my characters. For the most part though, I try to come up with totally unique ones.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

How many rp sites are you on? Currently I'm on 2. One is mine and my labor of love. The other is supporting a friend and pitching in to help. 

rough estimate, how many chars are you playing? I just put one into NPC'dom and have another headed that way but on my site I have currently 10. On the other site I only have 1 since I don't want to push my luck too much. It's the first time I've branched out with some confidence since I opened mine.

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? The are all in the same genre. I don't break from where I am much. 

Do you have a ‘main’ game?  My "main" game would be my own site as I am able to be active there. Great folks there. The other site is growing on me, but mine will be my first love.

Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site?  I did that in the past when I drifted from site to site. Now that they all have a home I pretty much look at new ideas for new characters on other places. I have a brand new one on the other site I'm on so I'm getting used to that one.

spacer.pngDecadence

Only one, it’s a private site I co-admin. I’ve never been good with multiple sites, I pretty much put my roots and attention undivided into one and only ever have one or two characters on the go at said one site. I’ve stayed on too many sinking ships in my past because of my this habit but eh, it’s how I work and I don’t think I can change that.

How many chars are you playing? 

Two with a handful of NPC’s as/if they’re required, but they are mostly there to build a sense of the world and its inhabitants as member base is small. I’ve a third character ready to go, just waiting for the opportunity to play him. 

The most I’ve ever played is five at any given point, and I couldn’t keep up with it and had to drop some. It was too hard especially where temperament and type differ vastly and tapping between mindsets to post wasn’t an easy jump.

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? 

Not applicable but if I did, it would have to offer me something different from my main; not necessarily a different genre but something that appeals to me that I can’t get on my main. 

Do you have a ‘main’ game? 

Not applicable

Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site?

I have once played the same character simultaneously on two sites. I was already playing this character on one site when the other re-opened that sort of required him there as well, and honestly I didn’t enjoy that feeling of playing two slightly different variants of the one character. Add in I can’t handle more than one board, I had to drop one pretty quickly.

However I’ll admit that changing aspects of a character for different verses or settings though can be beneficial in learning more about them and building them to a final happy version of them (at least for my main stay), but the majority of mine are setting specific, so I’ve often had difficulty transitioning them to another board.

How many rp sites are you on?

Just the one. I tend to prefer doing one at a time, when I can.

Rough estimate, how many chars are you playing?

Seven PCs and a handful of NPCs. I'd say another two or three consistent ones.  A few years ago, I got up to 10 or so PCs, but as usually tends to happen when I get a lot of characters, some of them were very active, and some weren't active at all. Nowadays I try to keep my character count to what I can reasonably manage and keep active, and so far just about all of my characters have some sort of activity going. 

Doesn't apply to me right now, but there was a brief period where I was on a fantasy site in addition to the Star Wars one.  My 'main' game is, of course, my Star Wars site. 

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

How many rp sites are you on?

1. I am only on my own site, which I have been the admin of for over a decade now. Running it is largely the reason why I haven't explored other genres. 
  2. Right now I'm playing 9. That tends to be my upper limit at any given time. I've had over 20 characters across the years, but I usually swap a low activity one for a new muse if one strikes me strong enough. 
  3. This last question doesn't apply to me, but I'll say that since I've been in the same world for so long, I cannot even imagine attempting to tweak them on different sites. For those who come onto my site and make alterations to old characters, I am both fascinated and completely confounded by their capabilities of doing so!