I want to try this RP genre but I haven't because....

Kit the Human

Like it says on the tin!

Is there an RP genre that you would love to try? What has stopped you from doing so?

• Like 4

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

I have wanted to try a joining a Sci-Fi rp, but I've not done it because a lot of the sites I've stumbled on have SO MUCH GREAT STUFF in them and I'm always doubting my ability to be up to par as far as writing ability or just remembering all the lore. 

• Agree 1

I would love to try something with an edge of mystery and/or suspense. I find them fascinating to read after the fact, (or during depending on who's Roleplay it is) but I have an engrained fear that I won't play the topic well, or inject a character who just does not appeal to the world. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bro said:

I have wanted to try a joining a Sci-Fi rp, but I've not done it because a lot of the sites I've stumbled on have SO MUCH GREAT STUFF in them

I get this. I find I don't really have enough SciFi experience to draw on for SciFi? Like I've read/watched/played far more 'medieval' and urban fantasy than I have SciFi so when I try my hand at it, I really struggle to conjure up the setting. Irregardless of the lore available. It's like I don't have enough to draw on.

• Agree 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

I've always thought that Game of Thrones type sites look interesting but I've never watched the show because it hit a million of my triggers and squicks so I feel like trying to join a site based on it would just... not work lmao and not just because I don't know anything about the fandom

• LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...

i used to be so intimidated by sci fi rp but then i took a jump into it and now i can't stop. i'd love to do something space related but right now i'm too into cyberpunk to ever look back

cpbbanner1.png.5d0e685afe1617c665b621cd253550c1.png

I would love to try cyberpunk, if there's such an rp around. But I have pretty much no experience with the genre at all so I'm afraid to take the plunge. Also always thought something in the horror vein could be fun but I'm not sure how well I'd be able to write within that genre as I've never tried before.

I’d like to try a post-apocalyptic RP but I just really can’t seem to find something that I feel like has a long term arc. This is a mental block, not a site’s, I think. I just keep thinking “Do I just spend forever trying to find resources? Or...” Maybe I just need to look harder or find a Wanted Ad that speaks to me.

I want to experiment with slice of life in context where I'm not attached to a friend's site. Something that is established and has been going for a while. However, I have a really hard time getting into new sites where I don't know anyone, and it would be even harder with characters like mine who are typically on the strange side. I wouldn't have the first clue how to pierce a community like that and I don't have the time as it stands.

1768993049_lssig.png.528ca56ae06dad54600991b2a8d34cf9.png

I've been meaning to try a post-apocalyptic roleplay, but by the time I got that idea in my head, I was way too bogged down with life and couldn't realistically commit to joining another site. I'll probably try it out once I finish undergrad next year.

I've always wanted to try a RP site with stats and stuff like that, because I love RPGs and leveling up and whatnot. I like a sense of progression. I don't really know what's ever stopped me, except maybe for the fact I've never found one in the genre I'd like, which is mostly supernatural or post-apocalyptic these days. But any site with an overarching plot progression that affects every character's life would be fun as well.

GbQDuEL.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another one for cyberpunk! Stylistically it appeals so much to me, but most of the sites I've visited to have a quick perusal have quite technical lore and info. I don't mind researching, but I like to have a little head-start if that makes sense.

Join us on the FRONTIER, a brand new Star Trek RPG.

• 3 weeks later...

Something sci fi, I haven't been confident in my ability to do anything in that vein. Like aliens and space ships and stuff, never done it. 

Apocalypse, like happening as it's happening, I've done post apocalyptic shit, but it's always 50+ years after. I think it would be fun to play it happening and the world deteriorating and changing.

Reality is an illusion. 

I'd love to try Harry Potter fandom, cyberpunk, supernaturals, etc., but I hesitate because human (no matter fantasy) roleplays tend to bore me to death. 

Edited by Sammiie
updated