Handling Closed Threads and Archives

StormyWays13

19 hours ago, Dragon said:

That is pretty weird. Weird enough to raise at least one red flag. Why wouldn't they let members access the archive? The arguments backing the idea of hiding archives from guests are weak at best, but from members? That's just flat out sketchy. 

it's really annoying. i've been on sites like this and i hate not being able to reference my own writing, and to what end? 

i just archive incomplete threads of inactive chracters and plotters. everything that's canon to the timeline stays in the board they were posted to. but i'm even considering just leaving everything in the boards, because i'm starting to wonder what the point is of moving them all (coming from a long-time archiver)

j8KlPp.png 

• 3 weeks later...

We have archives, but they are read only, open to be read by anyone. The story is important. We have a board calendar showing the thread links and summaries, in the chronological story order, so they can be found and read anytime. Even threads since 8-9 years ago!

• Agree 1