Other site's themes you covet

Kit the Human

I love looking at other people's site themes for inspiration and to just admire them.

So without running off to your buddies to tell them to spruik your site, and without links (just state the name) what site themes do you covet?

• Love 2

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

There was a super cool original theme on a Pokémon site I was a part of a while back that I liked a lot. I believe it was called Holographic. It shut down but still it was pretty to look at. ❤️ 

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

There was this site that was a a stargate one. I don't remember the site name but they had a really clever collapsable categories that looked like the startgate when all were collapsed.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I think I remember admiring that theme @Zozma and that sounds really cool @Morrigan I appreciate simple cleverness.

I really like clean and minimal-ish design, so Thorns Uprising and Kalopsia are doing it for me at the moment. 

• Love 3

You can also find me at:

The color palette on Shatterdome and also, the colors and some of the images on Vector. I also really love the colors and graphics on Forge.

Love the thread!

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Ericourt.  Everytime I view it I'm filled with green envy that I can't design something so gorgeous.  

yi1tXyG.jpg

spacer.png

Vector reminds me of Vexxor which I think is well designed because you look at it and know precisely what genre of site you're looking at. Mind you, cyberpunk has a strong visual identity, but it's worthy of note because of the proliferation of sites out there that do not have designs that communicate what they are.

I would appreciate Ericourt far more if it had good contrast and font size for all text, and less back end issues. Sorry Ericourt! It's sadly affecting site performance/functionality which undermines what is absolutely beautiful design. It also does what Vexxor does! Clearly communicates what it is.

Khy'eras is the same for communication! It's lovely. 💖 It's also responsive, which I love. I mean, that is what puts phpbb in front of all (I think) other free site software out there. It's actually responsive without wanting to drop a bunch of site features.

• Agree 2
  • Love 1

You can also find me at:

I haven't been out in the wild too much, but I have to say the one that blows me away and always will is @Muse 's Thorns. Not only does she take great care in making sure it matches and is pleasing to the eye. Her eye as a designer and woman working in the industry is inspiring! 

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moxxi

I love seeing all of these phpbb sites! It's so rare to find them these days. I adore the sites by @Bishop and @memoria

all Ulla's themes for Event Horizon are life. So pretty, so organized, so dope, so colorful. Love their skinning and styling! Their stuff is such an inspiration!

Guest BETA BLUE

I'm a skin stalker. I'm always peeking at skins like "HELLO NURSE!"

i absolutely adore ttam's (the truth about monsters) skin by rachelskins. stylish, sleek, dark. the coloured borders make the whole skin come together. i admire how unobtrusive it seems while not feeling blank. everything is purposeful and aesthetic. 

here be monsters.

I have to add another theme that I seriously covet. This site is on the new forum platform, Gaia. The site is Resurgence, the theme is Agni Kai Dark, and it is all created by our wonderful @Arceus.

First and foremost, I love the colors and layout. It is different from the majority of sites I've seen over the years. Now, I could not do the same color theme (my members would mutiny - we all like dark and grungy), but that takes nothing away from how beautiful Resurgence is. I totally love the forum index layout and structure as well as the totally unique topic listing. I also love how the thread / post header (?) mini-profile displays across the top and pulls the character's profile page cover image if there is one set.

Honestly, the site just makes me want to write there! Once I have my reboot site up and running, I might just see if I can learn enough about the genre to do just that!

• Thank you 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!