Other site's themes you covet

Kit the Human

13 hours ago, Siren said:

If y'all haven't seen Absinthe's forum lately then you're missing out! I was attempting to do some advertising today and I came across it. It was insanely gorgeous!

Wow thats so funny  I was going to say that exact same thing. Absinthe's site is pretty cool.

• Love 1

A fart is nothing but the lonely cry of an imprisoned turd.

1 hour ago, KellenDeming said:

Wow thats so funny  I was going to say that exact same thing. Absinthe's site is pretty cool.

Haha! Right? I wish I had the time to learn more than just how to edit colors and fonts and actually build a skin. Seraphina is pretty freaking talented!

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Siren said:

Haha! Right? I wish I had the time to learn more than just how to edit colors and fonts and actually build a skin. Seraphina is pretty freaking talented!

Yeah,  I am so jealous of all the developers and designers. I wish I had half the talent that they have. At 45 years old I have just started trying to learn but its a struggle  HAHA 

• Preach it! 2

A fart is nothing but the lonely cry of an imprisoned turd.

I'm envous of the talent all of you coders and design people have. I really am. Your creations always floor me. I can't do anything beyond minor things such as color alterations.  Ulla and the skins they have created for Event Horizon have always wowed me though, even though they have usually been light and I tend to love dark and grungy asethetics.  There is another I've always liked too, an original supernatural site called Moon Called. The modifications they've made to their skin despite it being a premade one are beautiful.  All the little extras I just really love. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a sort of love-hate with jcink skin designers. For reference I admin a site on MyBB, which are often less "fancy", "animated", and dare I say "edgy" than a lot of Jcink skins.

I really do envy people that create the super fancy and detailed Jcink skins, they really do make me very happy. But the reason why I also have a hate relationship is because they often border into being just *too* much. Too many animations and fancy features, too many images and borders everywhere, etc.

In general I struggle with hating everything I create, so I'm always jelly when I see a really nice design haha.

• Like 1

DON'T HATE YOUR SKINS. I was actually coming here to say I LOVE the Blood and Bone skin!

Reality is an illusion. 

Hands down Absinthe.  The site has a really archaic feel the the skin just fits - admittedly I could not do it LOL

• Love 1

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

On 3/1/2021 at 7:44 PM, Siren said:

If y'all haven't seen Absinthe's forum lately then you're missing out! I was attempting to do some advertising today and I came across it. It was insanely gorgeous!

Y'all legit just made my day reading these comments... it took me a year of getting frustrated with flaky skin coders to finally give up and do it myself...  I dunno if I could ever repeat it... lol.  

I've had a couple sites copy the layouts and design elements lately without giving credit and it's beyond frustrating to see.  But this just gave me warm fuzzies

• Love 1

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

On 10/24/2019 at 10:25 PM, Sammiie said:

all Ulla's themes for Event Horizon are life. So pretty, so organized, so dope, so colorful. Love their skinning and styling! Their stuff is such an inspiration!

On 3/8/2021 at 8:38 AM, Metal Health said:

Ulla and the skins they have created for Event Horizon have always wowed me though, even though they have usually been light and I tend to love dark and grungy asethetics.  

I wasn't expecting to see people mention me in this thread, but I'm so very very flattered by this. I often struggle with feeling inadequate when there are so many talented coders in the hobby, but I also imagine that's a very common thing to feel. This definitely was warming to read, so thank you for making my day. 

spacer.png

home. | guidebook. | canons. | discord.

• 1 month later...

HARD CORE Agree with Absinthe's skin being just ;owskdfpowiefpowkeoprfkwef. It's unf. Yes. Unf.

Moon RP is actually what inspired me to do a light/dark toggle mode for my site! I simply adored that feature. 

• Love 1

siggy

I really love Royals and Rebels they have a very clean site, I also love House of Memories

I've actually been a huge fan of the Scions of Terre D'Ange website for... gosh, a year now?

I stalk it, all the time, just to see what new features or code snippets have been implemented. I like to say I am not a visual person, but sometimes things give you fanny flutters and its perfectly lovely. 🤣 I also love things that are super modern, or linear and lovely to my engineer brain.

In that same vein, there's a brand new star wars website out with a GORGEOUS skin (I am a huge minimalist and like things clean and simple and concise and precise and easy-to-read, regardless of mobile or desktop formatting) - so I think my second favorite is imprinted: a star wars story. Every time I visit it, I get the urge to join the discord just to tell their admin that. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

ELEUTHERIA's skins always make me swoon. Seraphina was a peach to talk to briefly about permission to use some formats for inspiration.

• Love 1

Tlaloc, my love...

A new site on a soft open I stumbled on yesterday, Valiant Hearts, is beautiful. ❤️ I really appreciate the work they’ve put into it.

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

• 3 months later...

oh my goodness! Literally everyone's sites! This is all new for me and I'm constantly blown away by how pretty everyone's sites are. The ones that stand out for me most are Absinthe, Blood & Bone and Bloodology. So pretty!

"To survive, you must tell stories" - Umberto Eco