How much time do you spend roleplaying each day/week?

Morrigan

• Admin

classic film time GIF by Warner Archive

I’m a little tired and misread the muses thread for minutes (don’t ask me how) and it inspired this thread. 

We all know this is a hobby and we have real lives outside of it so I was curious if you allot a specific amount of time per day or week for your roleplay posts? If you do how much time? If you don’t how much time average do you feel like you dedicate to posting/role playing?

For me I’m on my computer about 16 plus hours a day. When I get posts I tend to Roleplay so no set time or amount. I’d say that I average 6+ hours a day. This includes mobile posting from the bath and bed. It can be less or more some days. Just depends on needs of the family or work.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Between life in the big, blue sky world and distractions when I have the time I try to keep it simple. Two responses a day (sometimes that's all I can do), then maybe some time on other admin duties if I have them. Outside of that I can't say it's more than 3 hrs (more if it's advertising time). There's too many distractions like learning how to speak giraffe.

spacer.pngDecadence

Being a college student means I don't always know how much time I can allot to RP after class, because I have this annoying thing called homework, but I have a weird schedule this semester that generally starts late, so I try to allot 2-3 hours in the morning to get as many posts done as possible, and if I have any time left over at night, I work a little more until I get tired. I don't write at all on Thursdays because I have class from 9-4 and then added responsibilities into the evening.

• Preach it! 1

It varies wildly depending on how many posts I owe and what my health is like. Some days I can focus enough to get fifteen posts done in eight or ten hours. Sometimes it takes me almost two weeks to get a single reply out. But for the most part, I manage to get at least one or two replies done a day, though the exact time spent on a single post varies depending on the post length and what's going on in the thread. 

• Love 1

I try to get a post per day, usually around lunch time since I have some down time at work. If I'm really feeling myself, I might get two in. Perhaps weirdly, I tend to post much more consistently on weekdays than weekends, even though I always tell myself I'm gonna do so many posts on the weekend. But life/games/etc have a way of getting in the way.

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

I usually get my posting done when my husband is at work but I don't START posting when he leaves. I use the morning hours to take meds, take care of the animals, take some time to myself, and eat. Then after all that, I'll finally crack open the laptop to post. I'd say if it's a good day with no distractions, I'll post sporadically between 10am to 4pm. Between posts, I'll play mobile games, read, or watch videos/movies, etc. 

So on average, I don't know... Probably 3 hours or so dedicated to RP itself. 

Which is a FAR cry from the old days, where I was glued to the computer all day long. 

Reality is an illusion. 

I work full time and take classes, so I definitely don't get as much roleplay time in as I'd like and I often just... don't have the energy. I tend to get out a reply per thread per week with a group of 3-6 threads between three different sites (including my own), sometimes a little less if it's been really stressful, and that feels super shitty since I know people are waiting on me. There was a time when I might get around to 6 threads per day.

When I'm not in school, I get out a couple replies per day after work. 

I guess per day, I might spend a maximum of two or three hours working on posts (whether they actually amount to anything or not). 

Edited by slowsadmariachi

1768993049_lssig.png.528ca56ae06dad54600991b2a8d34cf9.png

Really depends on the kind of week I am having at work, but I would say on the weekends I can spent at least 2-4 hours catching up or doing rapid fires. Through the week if I am lucky it might be 1-2 hours.

I try to get in 2-5 replies a weeknight, or however many I can fit into 30 minutes, and then use the weekend to catch up on all my threads (usually 3-ish hours on a Saturday, and another shorter round on Sunday). I miss having the stamina for 16-hour rapid sessions; now I can only crank out 5 posts or so before I need a break and a snack.

image.png.983b918f46a287076416c1e642250e6a.png

i honestly spend like all of my time rping but that is mostly because it really is a hobby, and when it comes right down to it this is basically my main hobby aside from playing video games

cpbbanner1.png.5d0e685afe1617c665b621cd253550c1.png

Between work and other responsibilities I would say a few hours here and there. I post to what I need to, take care of any admin stuff that comes up and enjoy art. So a few hours is pretty much it. 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Both too much and not enough. 

...weird. XD

• Cheers 1

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

This is a difficult question to answer. If I had to make a super rough guess, I'd say only about 3-4 hours a week, maybe less. Certainly not as much time as I ideally would like. This is due to a few factors, mainly in that I'm a fairly slow RPer, both when it comes to posting and the physical act of writing. A single post can take me anywhere between 30 - 60 minutes depending on the length, and I average about a post every two weeks for each of my RPs. 

I have often wished I was the type of roleplayer who could reply immediately upon receiving a reply and that I was lightning quick, but trying to keep up with that pace typically leaves me burnt out, so I've just learned to accept that I'm on the slower side and hope that my partners are patient (they are, and I'm eternally grateful).

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.