Preptober #1

Arceus

Welcome to Preptober! Periodically during the month of October, I'll be posting discussion topics that challenge you to think about your story and where you're going with it. You also get a small amount of points for your NaNo House for participating, so you can get your house an early lead during Preptober!

Our first topic for this year's Preptober is: Give us a synopsis of how you want your story to go. What's the conflict and obstacle that must be overcome?

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh. Well I'll... do one for each of my 2 main ideas (and just accept that by halfway through I'll either have picked one or jumped to something totally different!)

At the Crossroads of Destiny

Zuko chose Iroh (and thus the Avatar) over his sister under Ba Sing Se, but such an act is not without consequences. The team first must escape the falling city, and then must recover from their injuries. In the aftermath they are separated from Iroh who is arrested and returned to the Fire Nation as a traitor, and Zuko puts his mind to rescuing him from his imprisonment. Still before they can do that, there is training to be done and there are allies to make nice with. It's far from smooth sailing. I'm kiiiind of planning on a climax at Day of Black sun but we will... see. What happens. Yeah.

Memories of a Fire Princess

A character study/fic that follows Lady Ursa through her childhood and into her marriage of Ozai - and beyond. She struggles with the simple day to day life of growing up amid a war, and then she struggles to learn how to move among the court without endangering herself. The perils of the palace are great, but she finds friends there too - and she tries to raise her children as best as the can. After Iroh's failure and loss in Ba Sing Se, things break apart. Ursa kills Azulon and is in turn banished, and a new chapter of her life begins.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

Alright, I think I have what I'm doing down, finally.

I'm writing a fanfiction piece called The Badger. In The Badger, Zuko must team up with an aloof and chain-smoking self-made detective named Toph in order to find justice for his parents' murders, and prevent his crazy criminal ringleader sister from getting the family fortune. There's a lot of self-reflection and growth that also needs to be done along the way.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Mum is shipped off to Van Dieman's Land with kiddo in tow. (Was mum a convict? Or was she shipped across as part of the Convict Family Reunion Scheme?) There's family issues and there's supernatural strangeness (thriller-ish? Changeling?) with some naval gazing about the transformation the land undertook when the European's arrived.

Obviously a bit bare bone's at the minute while I research and settle on the most interesting to me ideas.

Edited by Kit the Human

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

This is the synopsis I have on Nano: "After leaving behind the assassin cult that raised him, Oisin finds solace in Daire, a young poet, only to have Oisin's past catch up to him."

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

I haven't decided specifically on which I want to do. I know I want it to be either Supernatural or Sci-Fi or possibly actually get some work done on my Alice in Wonderland spin off story. I feel like I need to re-read Alice in Wonderland for that one though.

If I don't do Alice in Wonderland I'll be doing my custom built world Knights of Cydonia which is a futuristic desert world where the population is controlled by a drug called "Good Life" which basically is like a cooler version of xanex in the future.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

The arrival of superheroes in the big city is driving Detective Marina Kent crazy. Sure their superpowers come in handy, but what about the collateral damage or the fact that you can’t take a superhero case to trial? When Marina gets paired with Snow Princess, she decides its time to act and become a supervillain to force the heroes out of town so things can get back to normal. 

I started that idea a few years ago but life got involved. I might start over this year.