Preptober #4

Arceus

Periodically during the month of October, I'll be posting discussion topics that challenge you to think about your story and where you're going with it. You also get a small amount of points for your NaNo House for participating, so you can get your house an early lead during Preptober!

Today's topic is, introduce us to your main character!

So I actually have two MCs, I can't say one or the other is more of a main because the mainness is pretty shared. But, both Zuko and Toph are my mains. Both are a little different, with Zuko being more of an old-money type person, rather than royalty. His family are a long line of successful businesspeople, and he was supposed to be a lawyer but his sister trying to kill him for the inheritance sort of threw off that groove. Lol Um, and Toph comes from a big name, but the bigger name is the one she made for herself. (Pretty close to the original material I think.) She started attending a law school and then changed her mind, and made herself a detective on her own.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oisin was raised in an assassin cult that believes in keeping balance in the world. Or they did, until they decided to change leaders. Oisin really believed in the whole balance thing up until he met this laidback poet by the name of Daire. Daire helps open Oisin's eyes to a different perspective of the world and what balance really means. 

Personality wise, Oisin starts out as the kind of robotic type that does what he's told without really questioning it. He was raised not to ask too many questions so he just sort of learned to accept that life was the way it was. Meanwhile, Daire was raised in a big family and his inquisitive nature causes him to ask questions about EVERYTHING. So when the two meet, that's how Oisin's eyes start opening. 

Reality is an illusion. 

Remember how I started this saying I may rush into something totally different by the end? Today you meet the main character of... the Other idea that has appeared.

So. MC is either going to be Helen Blackthorn, a half-Faerie half-Shadowhunter girl who was attacked in the last installment of the series and has some permanent issues because of it (including having lost her brother). If it's Helen, she's 17 going on 18 and grew up far too quickly thanks to her mother's ill health and a world that is intolerant of the fact that she is not quite like them. Her brother was missing, and there are a string of murders happening practically in her backyard.

Or! MC is Clary Fray, a sixteen year old girl whose mother used magic to ensure she was blind to the shadow world for the first 16 years of her life. ... And then her mother goes missing, and Clary finds herself suddenly submerged in a world she's only just beginning to see, and doesn't have to tools or the knowledge to truly understand yet.

Which one it is kind of depends on which part of The Shadow World: Rewritten I end up working on. both have working outlines so...

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.