Supernatural Sandbox idea?

Liannis

a supernatural game based in Las Vegas. A series of 'incidents' across the US caused a portion of the population to develop supernatural powers or transform into a new species. This has put a strain on the pre-existing supernatural population as they try to help the newbies adapt with a limited amount of trouble. Supernaturals as a whole have found themselves drawn to Las Vegas and it has welcomed them with open arms.

What makes it different is that the 'incidents' can make multiple werewolves (for example) but the guidelines can be different. For example, one has to shift during the full moon, and the other two don't. Once a 'type' is specified, other players can choose to follow that lore, some of it, or none of it - writing their own.  Also there can be different groups of the same species. 

So if you want to make a hybrid werevamp, go for it.... I don't see a lot of interference with however you want to play things, just remember, somebody who's perfect at everything is super boring.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I've played on sites like those and they can get overwhelming and confusing very quickly. Especially since from what it sounds like, you are allowing multiple different versions of the same type of species (so two different types of werewolves, ones that turn into dire wolves and ones that turn into the wolf beast). Which immediately just gets weird to me.

They can be done successfully, so I'm not saying no don't do it just think out and consider how you want to do this so that it's fair and that you're not getting a unique race per character (because that I think defeats the purpose of having a race to begin with, you should have others that have it in common with you as it gives you a starting off point).

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

This is how WAB is run, tbh, and we haven't run into any issues. We've had at least three different types of vampires referenced, for example. People usually call their different type of a species something else, and it becomes a subset of the species. Like we have regular werewolves that change as they like and then we have feral wolves who must change during the full moon. Personally, I like open lore in this way, plus it cuts down on having to write a bunch of lore documents that people will ultimately ignore anyway... 

Edited by Zozma

Reality is an illusion.