What's in your Character's Playlist?

Dragon

• Operations Mod

What kind of music does your character listen to? 

Are they a genre specific sort - Rock/Metal or bust type - or do they bounce around the spectrum? 

If you've got a character playlist on youtube or spotify, link us! 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I actually tend to use character playlists more for inspiration than for immersion, and am weirdly embarrassed about showing some of the mood-setting shit I've used - especially early in character creation.

For fuck's sake, I've got that '00s SHOES meme song on one of them.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

• Operations Mod
6 hours ago, Somniac said:

I actually tend to use character playlists more for inspiration than for immersion, and am weirdly embarrassed about showing some of the mood-setting shit I've used - especially early in character creation.

I understand that lol! 

There's some weird stuff in some of my character playlists. One of my old soldier baddies has an amount of Celtic Woman in his inspiration list that even I find strange... but if it works it works. 

Probably a better example of weird is that another of my 'big bads' has the Baby Shark song in his inspiration playlist cause he turns into a puddle around his kids. But they're still too little to be watching Jaws and Sharknado with him, yet. 

I don't really have a lot of rhyme or reason to my character's music lists most of the time - I just kinda shove anything that sparks an idea at the time in there. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

My playlists are on my iTunes... 

But I have loads of them. 

Some recents are Love Foolish by Twice for my girl Eloisa and Red by Chevelle for my dude Rae (actually, I just listen to Chevelle in general for him, it's very Him.) Checkmate and Comfort Crowd by Conan Gray for him, too. Rae was my last super inspired character, so that's why I'm listing his. They're still at the top of my head. 

• Cheers 1

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a thread where two characters were singing karaoke at each other instead of actually talking about how they feel, because they're both emotionally inept. So I have all those as a playlist. 

After that, I began to expand on it to other songs I could see applying to them, while keeping in mind the fact that my character has interesting taste.  So the playlist consists mostly of every 80s love song you'd find on your average dad's playlist, plus a disproportionate number of Phil Collins songs, and Disney. 

The two most important songs on the playlist are Wicked Game and Things Go Wrong, both by Chris Isaak. For some reason my character gravitated to them.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 12:04 PM, Kitsunesweetheart said:

My vampire listens to rock music. he likes bands like Kansas, Led Zeppelin, etc.

That's really cute 😄

I realize the original question is written differently, but as an Animal RPG person, finding the music that would get a character ticking OR represents them is super important.

I'm not going to give all of my characters' playlists, but honestly? I am a huge fan of taking on adopts and then having the person who created the adopt generate the playlist for me (if they want to of course). I've had people get a real kick out of it and honestly it's really helped me understand what the vision is for the character (even if I interpret differently).

Example of a song I listen to in order to get into the headspace, forwarded by someone who gave me the adopt. 

The character is a version of the quirky Poseidon from the Lore Olympus comic

Edited by Zina