Gaia's Rebranding

Arceus

For some time now, I've wanted to rename the Gaia software because it keeps getting confused with Gaia Online lol I should've thought of that before I named it, but here we are.

The two new names I've settled on are Vesta and Ceres. Either one sounds fine to me, and continues the Greco-Roman mythology thing we've got going on so far. I'd like to continue this theme at the very least. I also have an idea of what the new logo for the software will look like:

unknown.png

This nods at Gaia with a mountain backdrop and then has the asteroid Vesta's astrological symbol at the forefront.

Thoughts? I don't SUPER wanna change the name and rebrand everything, but I feel like giving it a name that doesn't immediately associate it with another platform frequently used for RP will nip some confusion in the bud, and help it gain traction. And now, this early in the software's lifespan, would probably be the best time to do it.

• Like 3

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I love Vesta too! 

Reality is an illusion. 

Vesta works for me as well.

I like the sound of Ceres better but when I did a Duck Duck Go search on it, a ceres.org came up in the top three. I did not go look at the site so no clue what it is or anything.

And, you know, the mountain made me immediately think volcano and I am totally in-love and wild about volcanoes. It's all about the boom!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Only reason I’m not excited about Ceres is honestly I’m gonna sound dumb but I’ve never known how to pronounce it. I read a manga called Ceres Celestial Legend in high school

and we all pronounced it different ways. It was embarrassing. Vesta is easy to remember and easy to say. 

• Love 1

Reality is an illusion. 

... that's fair, but the funny part is most people don't remember that the Latin V is said as W. So in original Latin, Vesta is said as Wess-ta. xD And yes, this does mean the infamous "veni vedi vici" is said as "weenee weedee weekee."

By the way, for funsies, Ceres is said seer-eez. It sounds a lot like series. In original Latin, though, it's kehr-ehz.

(I'm a language nerd, and also a mythology nerd. Lol)

And apparently ceres.org is a sustainability charity. Well. lol

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I’ve been pronouncing it Suh-REES my whole

life. Ahhh. 

Reality is an illusion.