[Solved] In Character Date

ThistleProse

I was browsing through the Codex and I saw this great little thing in one of the screenshots in @/Arceus' character addon for SMF.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to create an In Character Date system like this for MyBB? I don't know jack about coding, but I'm thinking a re-work of the Description mod would possibly work? Since it already goes to all the places I'd be looking to put the dates? But I'm not sure how to go about doing so? 😐

Ideally, the input would look just like Arceus has put together for their SMF forum:

023.png.69c74ce560d10e5efedff0236c7c71db.png

And the output would be like this; Instead of the literal date in the right hand corner, it would be the In Character Date, as the RL date is stamped on each individual post.

806306d81fb18670aef8fec1832e8efa.png 

Thread View would dump it somewhere in the main section. Possibly instead of a thread image/icon, the date could go there in the same display as the above image?

Eg, something like this:

251eeb642606ac0b5e1ec5a04d9963ff.png

Thanks for looking! ❤️ 

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

I would rather you didn't purposely copy my mods, please. If you would like this functionality, you can get it with SMF or Gaia.

Thank you.

• Like 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Umm, that's kind of rich? You didn't invent the idea of In Character dates? My site has been doing that for literal years and we're hardly the only one.

Furthermore, I'm not asking for someone to rip your code. I'm asking to have something similar created for my forum's software; inspired by your code? Certainly, its quite nicely put together. Directly ripped? Pretty sure I didn't say any such thing.  and since you don't own the concept, you can't stop me from getting something coded up that does the same thing on my site.

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

You basically said you want it set up exactly the same as mine, and I don't see how asking you not to do so is being unreasonable. I didn't say I could stop you; I just asked you not to purposely rip my mod's set up off. And I wasn't being rude about it so I'd ask you to kindly dial back your tone.

• Like 1

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Mmhmm. And your Character Account switcher is almost exactly the same as the one used on MyBB... My point being, there are only so many different ways to set up something that is designed with a specific function in mind. Exactly where or how else should the input be set up? Exactly how or where else should it be displayed? I would like to point out that my display mock-up is quite different from yours, thank you very much, as I want it to meld into the layout I'm already using.

I'd like to point out again that there is no code ripping or whatever here; I didn't ask to convert your code. I asked for someone to help take inspiration from what had already been done for software I don't use any longer (and I'm not going back to. I love MyBB way more than I ever liked SMF) and use it on MyBB.

Anyway, this is ridiculous. I'm sorry you feel like I'm stealing your cookies or something. But I'm not. So I'm done discussing this. I'll figure out how to do it on my own.

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

I really wasn't attacking you, you can calm down at your leisure.

I highly doubt ACM is anything like MyBB's switcher if it's still able to be called a switcher. ACM is a lot more than a switcher.

In any case, all I asked was for you not to purposely rip my mod's set up. You say, "I didn't intend to, I worded that wrongly/you misunderstood," and move on, not attack me for defending my livelihood. Good luck with your attempts.

I stand by my points.

And I'm not upset; I'm rather bemused by you, actually.

Have a nice day.

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

So I am not getting into the politics of what is ripping off what, but if I'm understanding sort of what you're trying to accomplish, I think you should be able to do so with XThreads. Worth looking into, anyway. If it's something you're wanting to set per-post that has an input on the post editor screen and then outputs on either the thread list and/or postbit, you definitely should be able to.

@Keaton

- thanks! It does just what I want 🙂 Just have to make it pretty lol

Edited by ThistleProse

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png