New Guide Code Causing Safari Crash?

Skadi

We recently switched our guide over from a jQuery style guidebook (because we had a member freak out over the fact that it glitched on them) to an HTML based table. It works fine, looks nice, but for some reason whenever you attempt to zoom in your phone in to look at it closer it immediately forces a page reload and says "a problem repeatedly occurred". 

I tried checking the validation and made sure there wasn't any broken code pieces. I ran the Network check through the inspect function, nothing looks wrong, but this is obviously an issue. Can someone take a look at see if they can figure out what it is?

Link to the Guide

addds.gif.2e6b2697e05de6bbe39af8e65a3e5840.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Well we start with the fact that you are running insecure content on a secure connection. That often causes major memory issues but most likely your issue is in one of these three bits in red:

image.png

The two undefined errors are likely out of order or conflicting javascript. The best way to troubleshoot is to copy your theme and remove all your javascript adding until it stops working. Most likely one of those two things are crashing mobile browsers because they have limited amounts of RAM. I tried it multiple times on my iPhone (in Chrome mind you) and it crashed Chrome every time.

I'm looking and whatever it is is doing the same to my PC but it has more memory to eat so it takes a significant amount of time longer. I close your game and my memory recovers. @Skadi

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan I actually just realized that I still have the rerouting javascript code up for the guide that automatically routes you to the old guide if you are on mobile. So I hope you saw the right one, but I will work on the javascript but how do I fix the cbox one?

@Morrigan I think I found the code that was throwing the undefined. I'm just not sure how to fix it. 

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--// Word Counter v.001
if(document.REPLIER.Post) ({
$: function() {
var _x = document.REPLIER.Post.parentNode;
var _y = document.createElement("input");
_y.type = "text"; _y.readOnly = "true";
_y.className = "forminput"; _y.id = "words";
_x.appendChild(document.createElement("br"));
_x.appendChild(document.createElement("br"));
_x.appendChild(_y); this._count_words();
document.REPLIER.Post.onkeyup = document.REPLIER.Post.onfocus = document.REPLIER.Post.onblur = this._count_words;
},
_count_words: function() {
var _z = 0, _words = document.REPLIER.Post.value.split(/\s/g);
for(var i = 0; i < _words.length; i ++) {
if(_words[i].length >= 1) _z ++;
}
document.getElementById("words").value = _z + " word" + (_z == 1 ? "" : "s");
} 
}).$();
// Created by Beta -->
</script>

• Admin

Well most likely it's just positioned poorly in the code, so it needs to be below the Jquery call or its unnecessary. It looks like a word count mod.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan I'm not super concerned with that. Jcink has a built in counter it's just not as visible. The cbox one is apparently server-side so I can't fix that one. The only issue with the insecure things, are that people host the images to the site and I can't always catch the people who put them up. I've corrected what I can see, do you see anything else?