Hi everyone :)

tinymonstrosity

my name is syd, im 27, they/them pronouns. i've been RPing for sixteen years now; i started in AOL chats when my family got our first computer when i was 11. i love rping fantasy, sci-fi, cyberpunk, etc. recently i've been getting my RP fix mostly through dungeons & dragons. nice to meet you all!! i'd love to hear how you got your start in rp 😊

@DungeonMaster

Welcome to the Initiative. We're glad you found us.

I got my start with RPing in the 70s with table tops and expanded from there. I enjoy many different genres, but my niches are American historicals (wild west) and sword and sorcery high fantasy.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 12:42 PM, StormWolfe said:

@DungeonMaster

Welcome to the Initiative. We're glad you found us.

I got my start with RPing in the 70s with table tops and expanded from there. I enjoy many different genres, but my niches are American historicals (wild west) and sword and sorcery high fantasy.

that's awesome! i'm still new to tabletop rpgs, mostly 5e, but i enjoy it a lot. i've been really wanting to play call of cthulu and paranoia. 🙂 do you have any recs?

Hey!

No, sorry, I don't have any recommendations for you. I haven't played table top since the 80s probably. I hear Call of Cthulhu is cool. Of course, back in the day, I loved anything Lovecraft.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

@StormWolfe 

makes sense!! i got turned on to CoC by the critical role channel; they ran a one-shot using the newly released CoC starter kit so i've been thinking of picking it up. the one-shot was interesting at least, def worth checking out if you're curious!

welcome dungeon!  

I too started off on AOL chats and thought there was nothing better.  😉

• Agree 1

yi1tXyG.jpg

spacer.png

Well I started when I was 12 and I couldn't honestly tell you if it was Neopets forums or Dungeons & Dragons 2e that got me first. They both started around the same time. All I can tell you is that I have learned a lot since I was 12 and will no longer go barreling down a hallway and my writing style has changed drastically. Also I now am a Coordinator for Paizo Organized Play so... that's a lot of paperwork I do for my RPG love xD

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @tinymonstrosity we're glad to have you. What sort of Sci-Fi do you like?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.