Open Coterie  ·  46 members

Site Design

Name & palette choice help

Jones

I'm in the very beginning phases of designing a Dragon Age site. Its going to be set in Tevinter, with a darkish plot revoling around a slave uprising. I'm having a really hard time narrowing down my color palette choices and choosing an appealing name! Anyone care to give some input?

Names first:

Thedas Under Siege
    With Love From Arlathan
    The Forgotten
    Order & Chaos
    Elvhenan Ascending
    Shadows Darker (this comes from a Flemmeth quote in Origins) 

I've polled my coadmin and the top contenders for color palettes include:

A- oByj1tgQd6X-g9dte-FRho7S9EArfZjFMHWqWub_vNWpiQpyRGlwnxP2zXNjFETWGrYTMDqDH8smNjReebT5V0mi-I2qH_6_0iEuxpO2W7Yb6306usl4lrRNirgn=w260

B- XbK507cT8zx-BdzAcx2KzZo4rJZVXPyZbhqVT9qmBhMpVwLTfpxR5UuYhwq6YawvQEKxWB95h1muNffTIzPv8QwkDHiFTVh3D5tP3wAHfh7y8Ml8e2TAptXRt9QU=w260

C- _UbZupDOJEudPaO3WZFDmyaNjoH5-hlrACf7P5vLRbZ6-4YQVfWLtOnQuHOrcgWCtLpHN8En6U4JE26CywDnh_lnLpSupqRfSQ7IS_bPLwkxscQFgYZgBd7CzfdT=w260

D- BVZKiOrHyf9u9Wdl510NKWdHw3P-srKzXhxtxcH_JMzdatyLJUUfNaOY32soMS-qPuyGLDobvaYIGppOcVQfm9iBmBsS9gLE9EP0U-XcEy-rHqlClhNclLEWWEV4=w260

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

26 minutes ago, Jones said:

Thedas Under Siege
    With Love From Arlathan
    The Forgotten
    Order & Chaos
    Elvhenan Ascending
    Shadows Darker (this comes from a Flemmeth quote in Origins) 

I'm all about short and sweet on names. I like The Forgotten and Shadow Darker. Both are short and easy to remember.

Color palette, I like D best because I am absolutely 100% opposed to bright white. I have bad eyes and it's painful! 😉 

Good luck with your site!

• Thank you 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• 3 months later...

Gonna +1 on either The Forgotten or Shadows Darker for the name, but say that Shadows Darker would probably be the better of the two imo. Its got relevance to the series, and would do better SEO/recognition wise than The Forgotten.

Palette-wise, I'd say either A or D. If you go with D, I'd suggest desaturating or shifting the hue on that purple a bit though. As-is, its a bit intense compared to the other colours and might be a bit difficult for some people to look at for too long.

Candide: An original dystopian RPG