Make {$userfields['fidX']} Parse BBC

ThistleProse

Hello!

Unfortunately, MyBB's {$userfields['fidX']} doesn't automatically parse BBC, and since my whole profile page is based on individually - it'll allow the use of HTML to parse, but not BBC.

I'd really rather not turn on HTML in the profile fields.

Is anyone able to assist with making the BBC work for the individual fidX callings?

I tried using this code, on individual Fids, but it breaks the page? I have no idea why (I have template conditionals installed).

<? print $parser->parse_message(htmlspecialchars_decode($userfields['fid52']),array("allow_mycode" => 1,"allow_imgcode" => 1,"allow_yourcode" => 1)); ?>

Thank you so much for any help ><

❤️

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @isoldehn! That's me in that thread, and it works great!! Definitely recommend to anyone else who wants to use BBC in custom fields like this 🙂

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

Ope! Shows how much I pay attention lol.

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

I don't know if you're able to help at all, but somewhere between the input box and the output, <br> code is being added and causing a whole heap of unnecessary white space that I'm not sure how to get rid of

Any input or ideas would be outstanding 😄

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

• Admin

@ThistleProse Take the outer bit and use br so like:

.classname br {
	display: none;
}

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.