Hey I'm Spooks

sspky

Hey all. I'm Spooks. I've been RPing for a seriously long time (maybe 15 years?) over forums, chats, and tabletop games. I also write short horror stories in my spare time. Fantasy, horror, and sci-fi are probably my favourite genres, though I'l dabble in all sorts of stuff. 

So yeah. Hi. 

• Love 1

Spooky genre best genre!😄

• Preach it! 1

Oh man, horror is one of my favorite genres (books, movies) but I have yet to really find a good horror RP that lasted longer than a month, which is such a major bummer! I was a part of one called Don't Fall Asleep that was AMAZING but it never got off the ground. I really wanted to see it succeed! And there was one that followed tropes of horror movies, it was meant to be like an AHS style forum, where it would have "seasons" that were based on different genres. I was so excited for it but the head admin disappeared and their presence was necessary for the type of RP it was. So bummed it never worked out! 

EDIT: ALSO WELCOME TO THE INITIATIVE! 

Edited by Zozma
  • I read this! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

Thanks! And I know exactly what you mean. I had a lot of trouble finding a good horror RP, so me and some buddies just made our own game. It's a Lovecraftian thing set in the 1920s and I'm confident it'll last because a bunch of us all already RP together. 

I do a lot of my own solo horror writing as well, and I've been reading through some pretty good books. Almost done The Fisherman by John Langan. I didn't care for ti at first, but now I'm 75% through and it's seriously grown on me. 

• Love 1

I actually looked at your site out of curiosity--I found it in another directory. That is actually one of the few light themes that I can look at without my eyes burning! It's a lovely concept, too.

If you haven't read it yet, and you like parodies of horror writers shut in a house together, I definitely recommend Kill Creek.

Thanks! I find dark themes had to read, so I tried to go for something grey and easy on the eyes for everyone else. And I'l totally check that out! Another book onto the ever growing backlog of stuff to read. 

Haha, I can recommend obscure/indie horror books for daaaaays. And I personally can't do light backgrounds, but I have a friend who has a hard time with dark ones too, so I made sure my site has both. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @sspky we're glad to have you! What sort of Sci-Fi do you like?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.