The Lion King RPG where Scar fails to kill Mufasa?

Kieran

Are there any who would absolutely join and be active in this?

- It would be based on the 1994 movie only. Everything else official would be ignored. Any expansion to the lore, characters, and story would be our own fan visions.

- It would have an au storyline where the wildebeest plan fails and Mufasa manages to save both Simba and himself. Mufasa finds out that it was Scar who left Simba in there and had the hyenas attack the herd, and that it was Scar who told Simba about the elephant grave yard. Mufasa exiles Scar under the bane of death, because as much as he loves his brother he loves his son that much more. This of course would deeply affect life in Pride Lands, what with it being scandalous situation and Scar still remaining a threat. The timeline would start from that wildebeest scene and go on indefinitely.

As said, The Lion Guard tv series would not apply but the idea of a Guard makes sense. So there would be a Lion Guard composed of trusted, smart and strong adult lions whose duty it is to help the king in keeping the Pride Lands secure and peaceful. It would be an ancient organisation which members are chosen by the king. Of course the Guard would also include moles and birds because the land is too wide for just lions to keep an eye on. 

So that'd be the setting. No more specific overarching plot but to be character-driven based on that setting. 

- It would be a play-by-post forum rpg, self-hosted on myBB. 

- Canon and original characters both playable. 

- I would play Simba. And possibly Mufasa too, unless someone else absolutely wants him.
I might also bring in an OC cub from outside of Pride Lands who is an orphan. 

- This game would have fluid time flow, not seasonal, and though fluid time enables setting a game event to any point of time whenever I personally don't do huge time jumps but prefer building my characters' lives in more or less chronol8gical order. As in it could be a long time before I'd write anything for Simba's adulthood. 

Please let me know if you'd absolutely certainly join and play actively for a long time or if you just might, because I don't want to waste my time on founding a site only for no one to join or remain active or to disappear/quit soon.

Edited by Kieran
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

CoM_title_forum_2021.png

CHILDREN OF MERLIN - HARRT POTTER 1980S RPG
| Small app | Fluid time | Lots of species |

As someone who is trying to run a simple lion rpg with hybrids allowed, I say that this would be a challenge. There isnt a big interest - much as it pains me - in playing lions. Even Lion king based ones, as all the lion king based rpgs i have found are dead or inactive. That said, perhaps it is my stubborn nature but if you want to do it i would say go for it. 

szKNk6.png

6 hours ago, Sheena said:

As someone who is trying to run a simple lion rpg with hybrids allowed, I say that this would be a challenge. There isnt a big interest - much as it pains me - in playing lions. Even Lion king based ones, as all the lion king based rpgs i have found are dead or inactive. That said, perhaps it is my stubborn nature but if you want to do it i would say go for it. 

Thanks a bunch for the info! I already suspected this, seeing to that I posted this thread on three different directories almost two weeks ago and only three people have expressed interest and none of them sounded very excited. Too bad, as I think this au setting would have so much potential. And I'm sure yours would too.

If the new cgi remake didn't do it I don't know why the situation would just randomly change. I'm just somewhat puzzled as for why this is. TLK does have a lot of fans who write fanfiction, you'd think among them would be a larger number of fans who'd like to rp it too. 

But indeed, it looks like I'll have to give up my dream of RPing this au story. This is my third attempt in ten years. Oh well, I have a historical real life human rpg idea I'm more into anyway, which has received promiseing responses in just a couple of days even when posted on just one directory. Perhaps I should post it here too. 

CoM_title_forum_2021.png

Aw, sorry to hear that. It sounded interesting plot idea wise. Good luck with your other idea! 🙂

szKNk6.png

32 minutes ago, Sheena said:

Aw, sorry to hear that. It sounded interesting plot idea wise. Good luck with your other idea! 🙂

Thanks. 🙂I think I'll let this one be open for a while longer just in case but indeed I feel the other one is likelier to go forward. 

CoM_title_forum_2021.png

• 4 months later...

@GrimscytheThis rpg exists now. It's listed here in the directory, and I linked to it also in my post above, if you're still interested. 🙂

Edited by Kieran

CoM_title_forum_2021.png