Getting back in the saddle

dusk

Why is this so hard?!

So I used to be an almost daily poster until late last year when... I don't even know what happened?

I started going to the gym? Got a new, uh, friend? It was also shortly after I was promoted at work (yay more fucking stress).

Mostly, I fell out of a habit I didn't even realize I had, which was of writing every day. I would usually post in the early morning before work, and maybe get one out after work. But then I wasn't. 

Now I feel disconnected with the site I'm a member on, and like I'm not actually welcome there. And on my own, I just feel guilty af. Tried an event to get things moving. Little happened. Tried to remember to post but what I think are days turn into weeks and then the weeks into months 😱

What was my point again? Oh yeah!

How do you get back into the habit?! Obviously, just do it. But somehow returning to writing feels different than returning to eating healthy. And I love writing! I have all these damn plot children that have things to do!

• Love 2
  • Preach it! 2

88x31buttondandy.png

For the place you don't feel welcome at: I'd re-evaluate how necessary it is to stay there. Is it your site? If not, then honestly... and I don't tend to like putting it this way, but you've done just fine without them. (I learned the hard way about trying to stay where I felt unwelcome.)

When you're hopping back in the saddle for roleplay (at least from the dozens of times I've done it), it's always best to find somewhere where people accept you for you. Sometimes it can take a little bit to feel your way around, but that's okay. Finding a place to roleplay really isn't much different from trying on a new [insert article of clothing]. You either like the way it fits, you're unsure of it, or you don't. It's where that line is gray--uncertainty--that you have to be more cautious. 

The good news is this though: there are plenty of places out there to write, plenty of places looking for roles are staff filled, and as cliche as it may sound, you have worlds at your fingertips. Don't let your attempts to come back thus far discourage you. Find somewhere you feel comfortable, find new friends, a new home. We as roleplayers are not bound by any preconceived notion of loyalty--and if a guilt trip gets laid on you for that? Well, you were better off before, weren't you?

Real life always gets in the way, but it's important to remember we have lives that we must live.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 1

Tell your boyfran to learn to share 😜

Also don't stress the other place. They've never treated you right. Just give it all to me. I'll keep you on the horse. Where is my whip emoji?

• LOL 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

I feel ya! 

I've been struggling and only able to post in two places and now one of those is closed. The others are just sitting there glaring at me wondering where their drama and stories have gone off to hide. *shrugs* 

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories