User Panel / Post #

StormWolfe

Help me, Obi Wan Arceus!

First is a minor question and not a big deal. I just had someone ask so I became curious. One of my members is only in one thread right now but has several posts in that thread. This morning, that character's number of posts showed as 1. I assumed that meant that Vesta only counts how many "threads" the character is in. My main character showed 3 posts which would be right if it counts threads not actual posts (my character was in 3 threads with several posts in each).

So, my question is: How does Vesta calculate characters' activity (posts)?

Next, would like to get a couple more tweaks to the Dragonheart theme. Not sure both can be done, if not, no biggie. I wish I'd been able to catch all these things in the testing phase but some of them, I didn't know to look for so won't keep bashing myself on my shortcomings. 😉I do owe you a huge THANKS though and, hope you know how much I appreciate you.

1: Replace default Mature Content icon in thread view with the M from topic index?

• You added a nice red M as a mature content thread indicator to our topic view (we love it, by the way). Can we also get the default one that is inside the thread (see screenshot) changed to the M?

mature-content.png

2: Is it possible to add the Character's post # (how many posts they have) and the user's display name beneath the character image in posts? Again, see the screenshot. I am a loser when it comes to site terminology 😉 

member-info.png

Mega Hugs and Thanks!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should be counting all posts that are made under that character name. If a player frequently forgets to post with the character and just swaps it after it's posted, I don't remember if it will count that or not. There may also be other factors that cause it not to count a post, but so far no other Vesta install is having problems with it not counting posts, so I'm not sure where to start on troubleshooting it.

And I can do those... at some point in the next week or so. I don't remember if threads load player information or not so it may take some finagling and I may break your board doing it, fair warning.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Ahhhh, okay!

On adding the user panel info, there's no rush. Just noted that the post number shows on Eros but was missing from Dragonheart. It's honestly no big deal although it'd be nice to have post count show somewhere on Dragonheart. Player name = would be nice but not a big deal if it is more trouble than it's worth. It doesn't show on character posts in Eros either.

As far as post counts go, I am not sure where the disconnect is. Now, I know that one member forgot to change to his character name at least once because the alert came to Discord as him and not his character. However, I've not done that so it's just an Aereth site mystery. Honestly, I think somewhere between my original install and when I tried to move it, something got trashed somehow, but no way am I scragging it all for a clean install. 😞 

Oh oh oh oh! Off Topic but we are LOVING JPing using Vesta! I watched while my writing buddy added his JP into my post and freaked out! You can't even accidentally click on the post while someone else is editing because the Manage button goes away. That is so so so awesome!

Anyway, thanks so much and no hurry on anything. We're having fun!

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!