Early 1800s America

Bishop

I am super struggling to find paintings or prints of America during the first few years of the 1800s. We're moving our long standing RP back to the states with a little time jump and I'd like to fill the site with images. 

Anyone have any resources on this? 

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

I'm guessing your best bet would be getting more specific with your search. Look up art societies of the time, famous American artists born mid-1700s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_artists_before_1900), and especially search by state and historical societies in specific places.

What spelunking Wikipedia by year has shown me is, well, a lot of people were dying during the war - including artists illustrating it, and even more are from unknown/uncategorized artists. There were probably more famous French artists 

painting Americans than Americans painting, period, at that time - and understandably, a lot of what was being painted or illustrated at that time was the war.

• Love 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

• 2 months later...

I know this is super late, but thank you! I'll check that out too because that is a good idea. 

• Love 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."