Hey everyone!

Foxamy

Hi all, I’m new to the site and still getting my bearings. I’m looking forward to meeting some more people who actually like to write, which feels like a dying art sometimes. 

How long have you been RPing? 

>15 years. I prefer not to count.

What are your favorite RP genres?

Mostly scifi and post-apocalyptic. I spent many years on a Star Trek RP, and have spent the last few mostly dedicated to The 100. 

How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

Forums, please.

What country are you from?

USA

Favorite writers:

Stephen King, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Douglas Adams

Favorite books:

The Hobbit, Flight to Arras, The Eyes of the Dragon

Favorite shows:

The 100, The X-files, Star Trek DS9, Jericho, Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Cheers 1

trWJFyW.jpg.ad3989be07828341d22b3ef27aef8cb5.jpg

Now that is not a title commonly chosen as a favorite by King. I did a double take, actually. I have it, I think. I just haven't read it yet. Granted, most King fans I know prefer his horror work. Perhaps I ought to give it a read! (Instead of you know, just letting it collect dust on my bookshelf with hundreds of other books I want to read and have yet to touch.)

I actually didn't expect to see a 100 RP until I encountered yours, and that's made me want to watch it again. I recall starting it, but not getting far because... well, I got sidetracked by the 4400 (which I also didn't watch much of) and Terra Nova (because dinosaurs). Damn it, Netflix. I have a hard time staying concentrated for one or two movies, let alone a series. I'm actually somewhat currently watching Jericho and re-watching X-Files now and then (mostly because ScullyxFox yes).

Welcome to the RPG Initiative!

Yessss that is my FAVORITE Stephen King book! Glad to see I am not alone. 😁 Welcome to the Initiative! Hope to see you around the forums. 

Ad.png

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows and loves The Eyes of the Dragon. It was actually my fist King book and led to me reading his Dark Tower series, which took like two years of my life XD. I think it’s also a good example of how when writers break out of their comfort zones the results can be pretty great. Definitely give it a read, Grimscythe! Warning: may create King addiction.

Keeping up with all the tv other there is basically a full time job (one that I've been slacking on a lot lately), and half the time I just end up rewatching my favorites like The 100, or X-Files instead of trying something new. Lately I've been watching, The Expanse, Picard, and The Rookie, but I'm not really addicted to anything right now, and I’m behind on so many things…like the entire DC universe stuff.

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Foxamy! I totally need to know who your fave DS9 character is now.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan

Garak, for sure, though I like many others.

My fav episode is In the Pale Moonlight, not that you asked.

I have Andrew Robinson's book about Garak, but I haven't read it yet. I'll add that some other books I've been reading are by former DS9 (and Andromeda) writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe. It's a YA series, and the first book is The Goblin Crown, and he finished the third, and last, a few months ago.

• Cheers 1

• Admin

Garak is a great character. I love Jadzia Dax (not Ezri) and Quark.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hey! Good to have you! Welcome aboard!

Aure entuluva! Day shall come again! - The Children of Hurin