Somebody Sneaking

Lady Hyde

Oh, I love questions so those little questions can stay there so this is as painless as possible. 

Don't know what to say? Try these questions (not mandatory):

• How long have you been RPing? 

> Roughly... what year is it 2020? Since about 2008. In forums since 2011 or thereabouts. Minus a two year break or so for reasons that I can't quite remember. 

• What are your favorite RP genres?

> I've tried multiple genres over the years. AU Harry Potter, Patricia Briggs, WoD, etc. Steampunk, historical, slice of life... but my all time passion is Gothic Horror/Supernatural. Ya girl has a soft spot for the things that go bump in the night. 

• How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

> Forum, based. I work ALOT and forums let me do it all in my own time. It also accommodates my attention span. My members have slowly dragged me into icc RP on discord but these happen rarely for me. 

• What country are you from?

> Australia~

• What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?

> Okay, so, hi, I am a GIANT bookworm. My favourite authors include Margaret Atwood, Diana Gabaldon, Sarah J. Maas, and Gillian Flynn just to name a few. I enjoy dramas and thrillers for my movies, but I also love cheesy rom-coms and the lost dog adventures that you end up bawling through because it's so wholesome. My favourite movie is Cold Mountain staring Jude Law and Nicole Kidman. My favourite disney movie is Mulan because I wanted to be a badass saving the world growing up and not a frilly princess. I listen to (no, I'm serious) all sorts of music. I'll give anything a shot once. Metal probably owns my heart, but I love dance, latin, alternative, opera, grunge, rock, pop, some rap, country, bluegrass, dark indie (love dark indie)... literally anything. Some favourite artists include Hozier, In This Moment, Halestorm, Two Feet, Ramsey, and Sleep Machine (who is probably the artist I'd suggest to you if you wanted to pair music to my aesthetic/soul. Ha.)

• What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

> Did I mention I'm a bookworm? I work a pretty demanding job in the aviation industry where my days are measured by how much the public may scream at me. I work on the ground as a supervisor for a low-cost airline. Pressure and stress basically sums up my workdays but I live for it and love the abuse because I'm a masochist (I'm only half joking.) My interests include coffee and vodka because of it but I'm trying to complete the librarian look I apparently having going on since joining the spectacles brigade and drink tea more. It's a work in progress. My hobbies are therefore, few and far between because my life quite literally revolves around my shift work. I've recently got back into horse riding which I do once a week currently to gather my bearings after a nasty fall a decade a go. I have a giant brindle brute of a dog called Korra who is an American Staffy and drags me out of the house on walks weather permitting. I live on the beach and am an Ocean Child so I spend a lot of my time on the shore no matter the weather. What else... I read, I write, and I'm a bit of a foodie who never goes to the same restaurant twice in a month. 

• What's your favorite color?

> Blue. Always has been. Blue for the colour of the ocean and all the shades that come from it. So of course, green is a close second. 

• What's your favorite drink?

> Did I tell you about my undying devotion to coffee? Black, strong enough to bend a spoon, with a good dose of sugar. 

I'm not even going to lie and pretend I intend on being an active face here. I will TRY to mingle but again, work and life and work. But for the time being, HELLO. 

"widows, ghosts, lovers sit and sing in the dark, arched marrow of me."
1396128257_Bloodlinespaidad.png.d09a675bc97e605f48b34846ff6d666c.png

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Books are the best imaginary friends. ❤️ I have hundreds in my room, and let's be honest, they're mostly TBR. Because that is the true struggle of a bookwyrm.

49 minutes ago, Grimscythe said:

Books are the best imaginary friends. ❤️ I have hundreds in my room, and let's be honest, they're mostly TBR. Because that is the true struggle of a bookwyrm.

On last count, hubby and I had just under 2000 scattered through the house. We use an app on our phones to keep up with what we actually have now. And yes, let's be honest, they're all mostly TBR but we will eventually get through them all, right? >.> Right. 

7 minutes ago, Lady Hyde said:

On last count, hubby and I had just under 2000 scattered through the house. We use an app on our phones to keep up with what we actually have now. And yes, let's be honest, they're all mostly TBR but we will eventually get through them all, right? >.> Right. 

So we tell ourselves. >.> I... used to use LibraryThing for keeping a catalogue because my Goodreads got out of hand. xD But hey, as long as I think I'll read it, my fiance justified buying it for me. xD

1 hour ago, Grimscythe said:

So we tell ourselves. >.> I... used to use LibraryThing for keeping a catalogue because my Goodreads got out of hand. xD But hey, as long as I think I'll read it, my fiance justified buying it for me. xD

Oh hey! LibraryThing is what we're currently using! I've got a Goodreads as well but I always forget to update it and I'm only using it to keep track of my 2020 book challenge. 

Hello old friend, glad to hear you're back into horse riding. You're turning into Belle from Beauty and the beast lol

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

• Admin

black coffee GIF

Welcome to the Initiative @Lady Hyde

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

11 hours ago, Lady Croft said:

Hello old friend, glad to hear you're back into horse riding. You're turning into Belle from Beauty and the beast lol

Hey there, lady love. I hope you've been well. ❤️  And I truly am which is fine by me since I do enjoy that movie. xD 

@MorriganThank you!

Edited by Lady Hyde

Helloooo new friend! Seems like we have some similar interests - check out KF Breene. She's my newest author obsession and she covers a wide range of supernatural lore in her various series. 🙂

Hello and welcome!

Ad.png

2 minutes ago, eleholly said:

Helloooo new friend! Seems like we have some similar interests - check out KF Breene. She's my newest author obsession and she covers a wide range of supernatural lore in her various series. 🙂

Hello and welcome!

Ooo! I just googled her! I'll keep an eye out for her stuff. Thanks for the suggestion. ❤️

Welcome here to my favourite Australian!

• Love 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, Lady Hyde said:

Oh, I love questions so those little questions can stay there so this is as painless as possible. 

Don't know what to say? Try these questions (not mandatory):

• How long have you been RPing? 

> Roughly... what year is it 2020? Since about 2008. In forums since 2011 or thereabouts. Minus a two year break or so for reasons that I can't quite remember. 

• What are your favorite RP genres?

> I've tried multiple genres over the years. AU Harry Potter, Patricia Briggs, WoD, etc. Steampunk, historical, slice of life... but my all time passion is Gothic Horror/Supernatural. Ya girl has a soft spot for the things that go bump in the night. 

• How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

> Forum, based. I work ALOT and forums let me do it all in my own time. It also accommodates my attention span. My members have slowly dragged me into icc RP on discord but these happen rarely for me. 

• What country are you from?

> Australia~

• What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?

> Okay, so, hi, I am a GIANT bookworm. My favourite authors include Margaret Atwood, Diana Gabaldon, Sarah J. Maas, and Gillian Flynn just to name a few. I enjoy dramas and thrillers for my movies, but I also love cheesy rom-coms and the lost dog adventures that you end up bawling through because it's so wholesome. My favourite movie is Cold Mountain staring Jude Law and Nicole Kidman. My favourite disney movie is Mulan because I wanted to be a badass saving the world growing up and not a frilly princess. I listen to (no, I'm serious) all sorts of music. I'll give anything a shot once. Metal probably owns my heart, but I love dance, latin, alternative, opera, grunge, rock, pop, some rap, country, bluegrass, dark indie (love dark indie)... literally anything. Some favourite artists include Hozier, In This Moment, Halestorm, Two Feet, Ramsey, and Sleep Machine (who is probably the artist I'd suggest to you if you wanted to pair music to my aesthetic/soul. Ha.)

• What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

> Did I mention I'm a bookworm? I work a pretty demanding job in the aviation industry where my days are measured by how much the public may scream at me. I work on the ground as a supervisor for a low-cost airline. Pressure and stress basically sums up my workdays but I live for it and love the abuse because I'm a masochist (I'm only half joking.) My interests include coffee and vodka because of it but I'm trying to complete the librarian look I apparently having going on since joining the spectacles brigade and drink tea more. It's a work in progress. My hobbies are therefore, few and far between because my life quite literally revolves around my shift work. I've recently got back into horse riding which I do once a week currently to gather my bearings after a nasty fall a decade a go. I have a giant brindle brute of a dog called Korra who is an American Staffy and drags me out of the house on walks weather permitting. I live on the beach and am an Ocean Child so I spend a lot of my time on the shore no matter the weather. What else... I read, I write, and I'm a bit of a foodie who never goes to the same restaurant twice in a month. 

• What's your favorite color?

> Blue. Always has been. Blue for the colour of the ocean and all the shades that come from it. So of course, green is a close second. 

• What's your favorite drink?

> Did I tell you about my undying devotion to coffee? Black, strong enough to bend a spoon, with a good dose of sugar. 

I'm not even going to lie and pretend I intend on being an active face here. I will TRY to mingle but again, work and life and work. But for the time being, HELLO. 

Slipped off the face of the earth and felt like I needed to introduce myself again. Some things have certainly changed in two years, but this ol' pandemic will do that to you. 

My GOD I didn't know how to shut up two years ago. 

I've developed a love for electronic music which is bizarre to me. I also mellow out with Lo-Fi. While I still love metal, alt. beats is where it's at.

Pandemic upended the aviation industry as you can imagine, but it worked out pretty okay for me. Turns out corporate life suits me just fine and the Mon-Fri, 9-5 life is quite squishy. I've gotten quite soft with this whole... work from home business. I moved to a larger city, and though now away from the beach, I've picked up new hobbies. Words of wisdom: Pole dancing is just as hard as it looks but way better than a gym. 

So! Hello to the oldies, I am not dead. And hello to the newbies, I hope to meet many of you. 🙂