Are we underutilizing our advertisement options?

Grimscythe

I used to do site to site but it became far too tedious to keep up with. Now I just do link backs occasionally. Mostly I stay with directories and Tumblr (once I learned how to do that. The C&P trick saves so much time) but Tumblr can be drawn out. I do it maybe once a week. I used to do TopRp but didn't see any real traffic from it. I affiliate mostly and have even opened to affiliate with outside the genre we're in. I haven't heard much good about Reddit so I stay away from it. I'm not sure that I could learn a new thing like Disboard. I guess I'm kind of old fashioned as well.

spacer.pngDecadence

Our site has generally just started down the advertising rabbithole, and Reddit was one of our first thoughts, but haven't really gotten anything from it. We have Disboard set up, but the problem we're running into there is people come in expecting a fully discord-based RP, realize it's not discord-based, and then bounce without a word, so I'm not really sure we're gonna get any sort of meaningful traffic from it.

Still, I think it's important to spread your net as far as you can.

• Agree 1

I decided to give Disboard a try! No news yet but I kept our description VERY brief and made sure to mention we are a forum based rpg and also provided a link to my forum. I hope that would help for those browsing. I've used Reddit in the past, it's format is a pain for me to navigate and I've never had anyone from it so I am not even bothering with that headache this time. What we do have is an instagram! Which I don't see many mention much. Seriously if anyone wants to start an instagram we can follow each other I would love that! Mostly I focus on affiliating with sites I feel will bring like minded traffic as well as hitting up maybe 10 tumblr advertising blogs. 

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

I do alot of affiliations and networking as well. Most of our new writers came from word of mouth via our writers.  The shade of ID and age evidence keeps me clear of disboard at this time. I do however utilize Tumbler occassionally and also a few other sites.

I do not think there is a hard and fast be all for networking or advertising. I have found that it can be different for everyone.  We all try to hit what will bring in the writers, and we all try to be careful not to end up with under 18 ( unless you board is okay with below that)

I am always up for looking into different ways to advertise though so who knows 🙂

• Agree 1

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png