Does music help or hinder your RPing experience?

Minx

I have dedicated playlists for each of my characters but it's more for me to sing along to while I take breaks in writing. The music tends to kind of just blend into the background for me, so for the most part it doesn't really matter what I listen to. Just background noise.

spacer.png
An Animanga Fantasy RP
(Jcink Premium)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't listen to anything while actually writing, but I have songs that always remind me of characters and events  in the RP 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a hard time focusing if I'm listening to something in the background while I'm trying to write a post. It's..strange because most of the time if I'm doing literally *anything* else, I need background noise in order to focus/function. I'd really love to take the time to come up with playlists for my characters and have something that reminds me of them to listen to for muse and what not. But typically music hinders my RP more than it helps.

Pern's New Era is upon us..

Pern's New Era.png

Jcink Premium, 1+ Years

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't really listen to music while writing or reading, but I love finding songs that I feel apply to my character. Lyrics can also make great threat titles.

• 2 months later...

I sometimes listen to music when I write, but it usually fades into the background for me

Traverse

an 18+ original sci-fi/fantasy rp

multiple worlds | magical abilities | open lore