What's your favourite type of RP event?

RedISC

I'm curious to know what types of events people like! So far I've experienced some mystery-type events with admin intervention, solving clues ect. My friend enjoys events like masquerade balls and the like. What other kinds of events do you guys enjoy?

spacer.png

Body switch! 

I’ve always loved body switch plots in movie and tv. They’re my guilty pleasure. 

• Love 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I am a sucker for holiday events that take a turn for the worst.

• LOL 1

41 minutes ago, Zozma said:

Body switch! 

I’ve always loved body switch plots in movie and tv. They’re my guilty pleasure. 

Omg yesss, it's always guaranteed for fun shenanigans!

15 minutes ago, Grimscythe said:

Turn for the worst how? Drama? 👀 Usually holiday events I've taken part in are just.... gift giving. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, RedISC said:

Turn for the worst how? Drama? 👀 Usually holiday events I've taken part in are just.... gift giving. 

Allll the drama (or horror) depending on the holiday/mood. 😄

I like any IC events that allows for a wide variety of character interactions. Through trial and error, I have learned that events that allow for character one-on-one interaction within the event setting usually works out best. Multiple small dramas with the event as a backdrop can be lots of fun.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Ones that are optional to participate in and don't majorly alter the world. Beyond that, I'm pretty flexible, although I do like events that allow for random character pairings (for example, two characters that normally wouldn't interact are stuck in a gas station by a bad storm, so they end up talking). That and ones that are seasonal, like a Christmas tree lighting or a Halloween party/haunted house. 

Seasonal ones are always fun! Ren fares too, I like mini games to mess around with 

spacer.png

On 3/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, Grimscythe said:

These are my favorite kinds to put on! 

My favorite kinds of events are the ones that are successful 😂 In all seriousness: I like events that have some kind of twist, mainly because I like being the one who orchestrates them. But I have a fondness for mayhem, death, and destruction. Thread roulettes are fun, but only if they are optional. Carnivals, dances, and what have you are a lot of fun too. 

• Agree 1

On 3/13/2020 at 11:22 PM, Jaxx said:

Ones that are optional to participate in and don't majorly alter the world. Beyond that, I'm pretty flexible, although I do like events that allow for random character pairings (for example, two characters that normally wouldn't interact are stuck in a gas station by a bad storm, so they end up talking). That and ones that are seasonal, like a Christmas tree lighting or a Halloween party/haunted house. 

We did this one actually! We paired people up randomly and put them in scenarios that they might not have been in otherwise! It worked out really well and ended up with a lot of people making friends. I thought it worked out pretty well!

addds.gif.2e6b2697e05de6bbe39af8e65a3e5840.gif

• Admin

ariana grande selfie GIF

I like all events. One that I can think of off the top of my head was a staff run event that they would reply with your next bit and give you what to reply to. One of those my character was attacked and she intended to go onto the next bit, but first... she had to take a selfie of herself with some downed bad guys.

It made all of the staff laugh before they replied to my post.

• LOL 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

22 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I like all events. One that I can think of off the top of my head was a staff run event that they would reply with your next bit and give you what to reply to. One of those my character was attacked and she intended to go onto the next bit, but first... she had to take a selfie of herself with some downed bad guys.

It made all of the staff laugh before they replied to my post.

This sounds -really- interesting. Was it something that character would typically do or something sort of non-cannon as a creative writing with some familiar faces?

On the Star Wars board I write on, we tend to do really big ones. The most successful was one where the Netherworld merged again with the main galaxy, so characters found themselves stuck in the realm of the dead trying to get back, while a Celestial/Force-deity-thing tried to reintegrate the two and other characters were trying to stop. 

The other was when all the factions worked together to take out a secret Sith superweapon. 

Aure entuluva! Day shall come again! - The Children of Hurin

Seasonal/holiday events are really nice, and I also like random prompts and roulettes to get you plotting with characters you'd never thought of interacting with.

spacer.png

Come and join us in Ancient Rome!