linking site threads into discord

Well I found a fun mod on mybb which works for global threads and posts on site into discord. However i noticed there is an RSS command in a couple of the bots i'm playing with (tatsu & dyno). Now. I tried to follow the directions for the "rss feed" as they call it but i cannot get a valid rss link accepted. 

On Mybb basic settings there's an rss syndication url but i tried adding that to the tatsu rss area when it says insert rss url and it doesn't like the link. It says it is not valid. I also peeked at this ifttt link place but that doesn't seem to have anything but twitter etc, i couldn't see an area to toss in mybb or such forum links. 

So yes....i'm trying to see if i can get new threads or posts from the site to show up in a channel on discord is the rss way can possible work through tatsu or dyno etc. 

EDIT: Tatsu have disabled the rss feed for everybody. IFTTT is just several minutes slow. So I guess i'm looking for suggestions to speed it up or alternatives which work faster?

I'm also trying to add an author icon area and can't seem to figure that out. All i have for url areas is manually adding one but it is then always that default avatar, not the author's avatar. 

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay adding to this as i discovered a new issue. I managed to set up the IFTTT rss thing. It sends posts and threads where i want. 

However, i'm having issues changing the content of the body section. I've tried exambles using an online embed checker and yet they still don't show up. Only the content seems to work, not the "embed" options which is annoying me as there's nothing in the ifttt help to assist with the issue. I know a few people have used rss feeds (the initiative included) and embeds seem to work fine in other sites i've seen using rss feeds so i'm hoping this is just some weird error my end.

So if you know how to fix the embed issue?

I also would like to add the poster's avatar to the embed content and not set up a default url, again is that possible without paying for extra bot settings? 

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

• Admin

We don’t use RSS feeds here. 

Also, with RSS there are only so many things that exist to pull from. 

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.