How does your character react to romantic approaches?

Grimscythe

For the most part, Larewen and Moireach shun them, seeing love as the sort of thing that holds one back from greatness. Niste, on the other hand, is an awfully faithful woman, and will chase what she loves to the end of the earth.

• I read this! 1

Well my primary pair seem to have slightly different approaches.

My girl T tends to avoid romance and feelings as a discussion topic though kind of appreciates it. She sort of does do some things considered romantic but it's the talking about relationship stuff that gets her uncomfortable and awkward. She'd rather have things stay simple friends with benefits than try actual dating in the "proper" manner. (Stereotypical dating structures) My guy N is more of an open book, quite the feminist, and tends to get to know folks, and arrange a date with someone he likes. So they are pretty opposite even though they share some similarities. 

• I read this! 2

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite characters to write for is a bit emotionally stunted so a romantic approach would be super weird for him. He's paranoid by nature so he'd be skeptical at first and it would take a long time for him to warm up to the idea that someone would be interested in him romantically. He's also gone through a lot of brainwashing so he has trust issues. 😆

• 11 months later...

It depends.

Most of mine - and this is because I have sorta rules for connections 

1. Both of us typists should be comfortable with our characters and understand that I personally am not a shake hands shag your brains out sorta character.

2.  And I absolutely dont want to pre plan it---I love organic relationships that occur. I think those are the best stories.

3. I do have some characters that just are not romantic category types as well

• Love 1

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think I just have all kinds of characters?

Characters whose best stories require preplanning, characters who are best served finding what they like organically, characters with separate romantic and sexual orientations, characters who don't take sex as some kind of serious commitment and will quickly jump in the sack, characters who are more guarded and want to know someone well before sex, — the difference in the latter 2 is that I don't like playing out casual sex/one night stands. Not that I don't like to smut, but it needs to have an emotional connection otherwise I get bored. In cases of casual sex, I'd rather just fade to black and have both characters agree it was an above-average bang.

• 2 weeks later...

I have several characters who are simply embarrassed and/or confused by romantic approaches, chief amongst them would be Nora (who has never had romance directed at her) and Aj (who is an innocent little bunny) though I'd someone group Kalina in here too (who's a member of royalty who's been taught that romance isn't an option over duty). I have several characters who take them in stride as a result of confidence, but for whom romance is not really on the table, chief amongst this camp are Hermione, Acacia, and Natalie. Then there are the people who spurn the idea of romance entirely like Annalesia or who think they spurn the idea but do want it to some degree like Raven.

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.

They all react very differently. A lot of my boys are pretty gung ho and ready for action, but one of my newest is demisexual which means he needs to have formed an emotional connection before he feels attraction. Sadly he's heavily attracted to his best friend who is already married. 😞

I have none that are entirely disinterested but do play my main mostly on her own as the writer behind her husband doesn't write as often these days. So when she gets hit on she gets very aggressive and indignant.  *hands on hips* "I'm married you know! My husband will smite your ass!"  He's currently a god you see.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

• 2 months later...

Definitely depends on who's approaching and when! If they're being hit on randomly from a stranger they just met, they will most likely ignore or rebuff the advances. However, if this is a relationship that has blossomed naturally over a series of threads, there's a definite chance of sparks!

• 3 months later...

She used to be very open to such advances! Now, after a relationship gone a bit wonky, I think she'd be a bit more closed off to those types of advances unless the circumstances were just right.

• 6 months later...

Raveena and Rowan are probably my favorite couple, so here we go. In order of all of his romantic gestures he gave her from even before they were a couple:

She slapped him - He told her to stop being stupid by putting her life in danger for others because she was the most important.
She got scared - He thought she was dead and morphed into a Chimera and went on a killing spree in her name.
She was shocked. - He tore up his bodyguard contract after giving her a life-saving transfusion.
She went to war for his title - He saved her life so she wanted him to be elevated to nobility.

Felt his sincere love - They wrote each other letters while working apart.
He offended her, but she was lowkey relieved - He interrupted a ball to dance with her even though he wasn't allowed to.
She said yes - After winning her hand at the ball, he broke tradition and asked her to honor him by marrying him.
She kept every token - He would leave meaningful flowers to convey his love, affection and lust for her.
Dressed his injuries - He would come to her at night and allow her to care for his injuries.

Felt pure love - He retired as a wetboy to be an active as Consort, husband and father. He was often found napping with his three infants.
Heartbreak - Due to a cruel twist of holy fate, Rowan was forced to make a sacrifice and leave his family to give them the chance to live. 

Tlaloc, my love...

• 2 weeks later...

my main character is a old school shady business man no relationships he only cares about power and money!

OhMcGawGaming

On 3/17/2020 at 6:36 PM, Grimscythe said:

For the most part, Larewen and Moireach shun them, seeing love as the sort of thing that holds one back from greatness. Niste, on the other hand, is an awfully faithful woman, and will chase what she loves to the end of the earth.

Depends.

Zelena TImanti and Surayyah of no one are virgins and would likely be unaware of clumsy.

Samara Del'Fluent would chide and mock you.

Valerna Jorgenskull would play off it if there was a benefit.

Tahira Quil'kovesh is a lesbian but doesn't see herself as even having a soul. So she'd unlikely see herself as unworthy.

Florentina Jorgenskull, she believes men are for breeding and women are for romance.

Edited by Matsumota

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Crow would recognize romance if it hit him in the face. And even if he did, he wouldn't know what to do with it

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif

Depends heavily on the character. For Valon in terms of a one night stand they will respond positively however an actual deepened romantic connection they will be skiddish, emotionally weary, and often fear entrapment.

James on the other hand morally would hate the idea of a fling or one night stand but is a sucker for romance. 

Valon