A little about me...

russianspy24

Hey guys!

My name is Elena. I've been RPing off and on since middle school. I'm 29 now. I was one of those old school Yahoo groups players, but I started waaay back when on DeviantArt of all places, writing in Digimon games in chat format, which isn't ideal. I prefer forum/playby post.

My serious RPing started in a Dark Angel RPG (on yahoo), then an Xmen agme . Then I RPed one-on-one for a long time, a fandom project (Supernatural, back when season 2 was on in 2007). That lasted for years and I made a best friend out of it. Back when meeting people online was...weird for most adults. We're still bffs to this day.

As I'm sure many people go through, I stopped RPing, then went back, then stopped again. Life happens, you know?

I got back into it seriously in 2013... Yahoo Groups turned to Google Groups and PBworks was used as games' wikis. Tried slice of life RPs. They were fun for a while. But my true love lies in anything supernatural (the genre), and superhero games.

I've created (and helped create) and modded several games, a Real life small town game, a supernatural LA game, then a Marvel/DC game inspired by Once Upon a Time. That was my baby.

With this quarantine and the generally shitty start of the year, I've made another baby. I gathered a few old fellow RPers in a revamp of the supernatural genre LA game and made it western.

A few odd facts about me:

I live in Chicago. I'm a Sagittarius. My undergrad was in creative writing, my masters in advertising, so that's my career. Obviously, things are slow now, but writing will always be my side passion; including art/graphic design, as that's my focus in advertising. I'm a designer too. I also use my skills for RPG groups, editing character pictures, designing sites/wikis, illustrating. I have a personal portfolio, but I don't want to flex it on here. I think it would be rude.

I have a 9-year-old Shiba Inu named Caesar. He is my love and I can't live without him.

Originally, I'm from Russia, hence the screen name. I was born in Siberia and came to the US when I was 3. I speak both languages. I love making Russian characters. I love to write both male and female ones (in general). I do find that a lot of the time there are more female than male, which is curious, but perhaps it also depends on the game... When I ran my Marvel/DC game, male players were definitely attracted to it.

This is such a nitch community that it's hard to find others in general. I'm glad that the love for play by post RPGs is alive and well. I also love to hear others' stories, both OG RPers and newer ones.

Last fact... games on jcink and similar platforms confuse me... They seem so hard! Maybe I'm old, but I cannot for the life of me figure them out. They're all so beautiful though! Brilliant design and coding!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the RPG Initiative! I honestly think some confusion with figuring jcink out has to do with the wildly different types of skins, but yes: they are adorable. 

It's nice to meet you, and I too love supernatural. 😄

• 2 weeks later...

"My serious RPing started in a Dark Angel RPG (on yahoo), then an Xmen agme . Then I RPed one-on-one for a long time, a fandom project (Supernatural, back when season 2 was on in 2007). That lasted for years and I made a best friend out of it. Back when meeting people online was...weird for most adults. We're still bffs to this day."

I feel there's a good chance we've met before. Some of my early writing was Dark Angel, X-Men and Season 1-3 supernatural. With the X-Men most likely, but Dark Angel was one i'd join when I saw them around so yeah....odds are high we've mingled before. Hey and welcome, even if we haven't (i won't remember that far back so....)

spacer.png

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @russianspy24 we're glad to have you! If you want to hear real OG talk to @StormWolfe

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hello! Welcome! Good to have you! 

Aure entuluva! Day shall come again! - The Children of Hurin

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

OG talk to @StormWolfe

*chuckles*. No clue what OG is, but welcome to the Initiative and feel free to give me a shout anytime! 

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

• Admin
  • Thank you 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.