What was your first pet?

Mine was a dog named Shadow. He was some sort of terrier that my grandparents owned, and he was extremely protective of me. Unfortunately, that was almost thirty years ago and I don't have any photos. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a newt I got from my fifth grade class when school was over for summer. We had an iguana already at home. I begged my mom to let me have one. She said I could. I brought him home in a Folgers coffee can.  I had him for three years. He ate dried up mealworms and he lived in an aquarium in the kitchen. I was quite proud of him. Then a cousin took him out and dried him up and he died. I was so upset. 

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

An orange tabby named Buttercup.

She was a kitten when she died because she ate something in my grandma's backyard that made her sick. For the next like 5 years of my poor life I couldn't tell the story or say her name without breaking down into tears.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Operations Mod

A black and white tuxedo cat named Smoltz. 

Had him for 6-7 years until we moved. Mom came home with a new kitten shortly after and Smoltz bowed up about it and moved in with our elderly neighbor across the street. So we still saw him plenty and he'd visit. I never really tried to take him back because it was obvious the neighbor really enjoyed his company. 

Although now that I think about it, it might have been the dog that was Smoltz's last straw lol 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 4 weeks later...

Mine was a black cat named Cookie (named for a cat of my mother's that had passed away a few years prior). That cat was sweet, but so independent. He preferred to hunt than to eat canned cat food, and he would stop at nothing to get outside and preferred to come and go freely. He absolutely loved my dad (who would always insist that he was 'not a cat person'), and barely tolerated my mom. I was the favorite playmate. He lived to be almost 15.

spacer.png

Celebrating 3 wonderful years!

I had plenty of critters as a kid, but the first one I'd really consider 'mine' was my big black Burmese, named Matrix. It was very clear that he merely tolerated everyone else in the house, and liked me best. Like, to the point where he'd use other peoples' beds and shoes as a litter box after I moved out, and my mum very quickly insisted that I take him. He followed me everywhere, would 'help me cook' by standing up on his hind legs and watching what I was doing very intently, and had a love of Pepsi that we tried to curb but he was having none of it. He didn't like Coke though...

Candide: An original dystopian RPG