Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Name: Vaeris
Link to your site: https://vaer.jcink.net/index.php?
Link to your staff account on the RPG:  Kaisa
What you are looking to have reviewed:  We've barely been open for a little over a month, so I'm not as concerned about activity reviews. Mostly what I do want to know, however, is what you think of the layout, fonts, if everything is readable, if the information/lore is digestible or confusing. Just the general look and feel to the board. Is it a site that's interesting or when you see all of the lore, would you decide against joining?

On 3/29/2020 at 1:20 PM, Kaisa said:

What you are looking to have reviewed:  We've barely been open for a little over a month, so I'm not as concerned about activity reviews. Mostly what I do want to know, however, is what you think of the layout, fonts, if everything is readable, if the information/lore is digestible or confusing. Just the general look and feel to the board. Is it a site that's interesting or when you see all of the lore, would you decide against joining?

First Glance: My first thought when clicking the link was "wow that banner is cool".  The skin is very pretty and I enjoy the aesthetic and functionality of it. 

Header Table Info:  The font in this area is easy to read, the color is just right and the font size is legible. The Welcome message is short and sweet, gets right to the point. This is something I find preferable. It's a good hook to draw people into the site. I also really enjoy all the content space in the header area. I'm a sucker for easily accessible updates, announcements, ratios, and staff. I like to have all those things handy and they way you have it set up is very nice. The ratios feel a bit cluttered, but it might be because the 'goblin' at the bottom is throwing me off. If it is something that you feel like doing, I might put them in threes and see how that looks. So you have three sets of three. The text that hovers over the event and wanted images isn't easy to read. The events is easier than the want ads, perhaps changing the want ad image to black and white entirely would help. Or use a bolder version of the font and increase the site a bit. Tinker with the color as well, see what works best with the background images. 

Categories & Forums:  Category and forum titles are legible and nice and clean looking. The images for each of the forums are really pretty as well, sometimes I feel like forum images don't work with certain skins but in this case I don't feel that way at all. The only thing my eyes are having a hard time with are the forum descriptions. The white on black is a bit hard on my eyes with that much text. I honestly think with the font size and boldness, you could use that gold-ish font color you have elsewhere. 

Content:  I think your rules can be condensed in many areas. Many of the rules in the general etiquette and other sections can be merged into a 'general rules' section. Simplify to help encourage reading the rules. Unless, of course, you want to keep the length as a way of weeding out certain potential members. This is not a jab in any way. Everyone has their own preferences and sometimes we set up 'gates' in order to filter people. However, I do feel that you could remove some of the common sense rules. You don't need to have rules for every possible scenario. Staff is allowed to enforce unspoken rules. Such as: don't bully people for plots. This ties directly into respecting other members. 

Overall, I think your lore is easily digestible. Everything is laid out nicely in a way that is easy to navigate and understand. I didn't find anything that felt overly confusing or complicated and if I had a question, it was answered somewhere within the lore or in another section. I think the biggest drawback is the regulations and the character requirements, simply because there is a lot of information that I felt could be simplified or is a given. Certain things were definitely necessary to state, but others were not. Everything else that I read and saw didn't feel as overwhelming. You site seems like a fun rp setting and an interesting world to explore. It is aesthetically pleasing but also functional, which is fantastic. The lore is nicely written and understandable. 

Hopefully this was of some help. ❤️ You have a beautiful site.