What are you doing during Quarantine?

Morrigan

• Admin

So since most of us are either in real quarantine or self imposed quarantine, school's are shut down (my kids' school just announced they are closed for the rest of the school year), going outside is discouraged, etc! This means you have to settle yourself in and do things around your house! I don't know how many of you are outside people but I'm sure that you can relate to getting that cabin fever feel.

So... the question/discussion at hand is. What are you doing to be busy/stay distracted/keep yourself from going mad with the fever?

Me!? I'm doing a few things. I'm making some face masks:

image0.jpg&key=3b66a8ceb315c0b5928bfafd540732e6c8bb0a6713bda0b198094ae120aec132

I'm of course playing video games. In fact just started playing Stardew Valley with my daughter to keep her from feeling "lonely".

Working on my websites and adding features or improving my existing ones.

I'm probably going to sit down and start working on jewelry and start selling it on Etsy because I have nothing better to do right now.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

My husband and I are both considered "critical infrastructure", and we're so thankful that daycare is still open even though the schools are closed. On our "weekends" where we're off we self-quarantine for the health of everyone else (both of our jobs leave us high risk for exposure), so aside from keeping our toddler busy we've been playing a lot of Sea of Thieves and painting a lot of miniatures. 

Edited by CovertSphinx
proof-reading
  • Love 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• Operations Mod

I'm categorized as essential front line staff, so I still work my 8 hours. It's likely that I'll be working a lot more than that in the coming weeks, as I received word today that I'm being sent to the upper wards to cross train.

Fortunately I live on a bit of acreage so my outdoor time isn't particularly curtailed. I spent last weekend mushroom hunting (not much luck, ground temp isn't right yet -sigh-), and ordered new arrows and stuff for my bow. So this weekend I'm gonna set up the target and get back into archery. Been carving out a little time in the afternoons to get a refresher course on cleaning and handling the various firearms in our collection. I'm planning to finally give playing The Last of Us a try... after I play through Metro: Exodus again lol. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Well my husband is working from home now which is sometimes good, sometimes annoying, depending on my mood. (I like my alone time in the morning/day time...) And I can't see my family, which sucks because I would see them every week and we literally just set up a game night for every tuesday night and we were only a month into it when this stupid shit went down. >:( 

Other than that, it's just a lot of watching stuff and writing stuff. 

Reality is an illusion. 

I started off strong by finishing crafts I have been holding off on for years. Drawing, knitting, weaving.. I'm pretty proud of what I got done. Then I turned to trying to fix things around the house and finding a new source of food online. It didn't really go well. I'm feeling drained all the time. I sleep long hours and then get up and just try to figure out what to do today. Husband bought animal crossing for himself, but didn't play it so I've been trying that. It's alright. I needed something a little more practical. So, I'm trying to be more proactive on my site. If I'm feeling this demotivated and lethargic  then it can't be much better for other people.  Hopefully I can cheer someone up and make their experience during this time a little better.

That said, I hope everyone is doing okay.  ❤️

use this one kat.png

I should be working on my final projects to wrap up my Master's classes before dissertation season begins, but not quite to the point where I can motivate myself to do that just quite yet. So lots of youtube, video games, and Netflix. Working on other writing projects as well, but slowly and pretty piecemeal. 

Aure entuluva! Day shall come again! - The Children of Hurin

Working in healthcare I'm considered essential, so I'm still going to work and putting in more hours than usual. It's had a negative effect on my mood, health and energy levels, so when I'm not sleeping (lol) I'll go for a short walk in the woods. I've been rping less but watching more TV, and feel like baking or cooking more often too. Have been playing a visual novel on and off too. Now that I think of it, it's mostly all things that don't require a lot of brainpower or where I just need to follow a small set of simple instructions.

spacer.png

Come and join us in Ancient Rome!

I was about to move house. So now, i'm waiting day-to-day for when they lift things to let us move house, even though i have a June deadline to move from my rental.

I was trying to make an RP site, so that it was being pecked at and finished for after the move. As it's been delayed by 7 months now, i'm too unsure when we will move and don't want to finish the site too soon and be unable to open, or finish and open then move and be gone a couple of weeks. So, instead i'm pecking slowly at making a Discord Bot for the site's discord. I'm doing well so far as a javascript newbie-but i feel that as i'm a skin coder for years and can transfer my tips and tricks to java coding.

It's also my birthday tomorrow. I've had to postpone everything planned. I was going to go to an escape room, out for dinner, and see Black Widow next month as a belated movie treat. However, now i'm resorting to a couple of posted cards in the post, a couple gifts from mum, and luckily I play games, so she's treating me to some games. So, i'm having cake, coffee, and computer games time when i'm not coding a bot.

Games: I've got some VR ones but all packed up. So i'm limited to Death Stranding (ironic theme), Dark Souls 3, The Witcher....and new new ones Assassin's Creed Oddessey, and Days Gone a zombie biker game. So, i'm pretty much coding, eating, drinking coffee, skyping my boyfriend, and playing ps4. Sometimes calling my nan and aunts who are all stuck living together atm as we cannot have my nan stay with us due to contamination risk as she's 80s and super risk category. 

(I think I might have already had the virus, but obv can't confirm it as no tests. So i'm hoping i have already had it and am now immune for this year)

spacer.png

I'm a pharmacist so I'm working right alongside the nurses and physicians and respiratory therapists in the thick of it. My state is getting hit the hardest so there's a lot of unknowns and anxiety right now. 

I'm spending a lot of my little down time with my baby who is about to be a year old and when she's asleep, I've been gaming something fierce. Animal Crossing, anyone? 😂 

This whole global pandemic thing also has me reinvested in RP, but now I'm starting to notice I'm trending away from the hard storylines and embracing the fluff. One day, I will find a ship for every character in my playbox! Lol! 

Ad.png

Working and trying not to let my anxiety get the best of me. 

Goddess help me that I'm considered "essential". By the time I get home from work and dealing with folks (work in medical telecommunications) I have no drive for anything. I have to wait for my days off to even think about writing or anything remotely having to do with my home life. Now I'm even taking an entire day off to do nothing to get back to working on things on the other day off before starting all over again. I hear my cats have a really nice apartment that I'm paying for, wish I could spend some time with it.

spacer.pngDecadence

I am one of the 'lucky' essential workers still going at it. I'm working 8 hours days 6 days a week and spending what time I get off with my kids. Then in that hour or two after the go to bed but I can't sleep yet I am writing and working on getting a new site skin finished. I've been hard toying with the idea of a React-based forum software too, and wishing I had the time to set up a whole component model to figure out how feasible it would be. 

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

I'm current working in Emergency Operations for the city. We do our best to help citizens with COVID related info and resources to help through the crisis. In my downtime I am actually finding an escape in my board and chatting with the other players who appreciate the escape as well. Is everyone staying safe and healthy???

Pretending to be productive. 

Recently we updated a bunch of stuff on my site, I've managed to overwhelm myself with threads, and I'm pretending to work on a story. But that's about it. I spend a lot of my days wandering around my house and not feeling that great, mentally, but it is what it is.

On that note, I saw that many of you are still working and I'd like to say thank you ❤️ I'm sorry you still have to work, but I also know that not working can be just as terrifying. It's just an all around horrid situation. I hope things mellow out soon for your sake and that you get some kind of deserved break in the near future. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, PixieMegs said:

Pretending to be productive. 

Recently we updated a bunch of stuff on my site, I've managed to overwhelm myself with threads, and I'm pretending to work on a story. But that's about it. I spend a lot of my days wandering around my house and not feeling that great, mentally, but it is what it is.

On that note, I saw that many of you are still working and I'd like to say thank you ❤️ I'm sorry you still have to work, but I also know that not working can be just as terrifying. It's just an all around horrid situation. I hope things mellow out soon for your sake and that you get some kind of deserved break in the near future. 

Thank you! I think being able to help others is reward in itself. I hope things mellow out soon also.

• Love 1