What are you doing during Quarantine?

Morrigan

23 hours ago, PixieMegs said:

Pretending to be productive. 

Recently we updated a bunch of stuff on my site, I've managed to overwhelm myself with threads, and I'm pretending to work on a story. But that's about it. I spend a lot of my days wandering around my house and not feeling that great, mentally, but it is what it is.

On that note, I saw that many of you are still working and I'd like to say thank you ❤️ I'm sorry you still have to work, but I also know that not working can be just as terrifying. It's just an all around horrid situation. I hope things mellow out soon for your sake and that you get some kind of deserved break in the near future. 

I agree with @Riseoftheg- I might not have signed up for a pandemic, but alas, that is the card we were dealt. Helping people makes me feel good inside, and I'm glad that I have a skill set that can be valuable in times like these.  With that being said, oh boy am I looking forward to my vacation in September. :)

• Love 1

Ad.png

15 hours ago, eleholly said:

I agree with @Riseoftheg- I might not have signed up for a pandemic, but alas, that is the card we were dealt. Helping people makes me feel good inside, and I'm glad that I have a skill set that can be valuable in times like these.  With that being said, oh boy am I looking forward to my vacation in September. 🙂

With the low cost of flights, I'm hoping to travel once this is all over. This pandemic has definitely been a stressor, I was feeling it last night. Make sure you guys take care of yourselves. 

• Love 1

Working from home >.<

• Preach it! 1

Life hasn't changed too much for me personally, but unfortunately my vet tech apprenticeship had to be put completely on hold until lockdowns in my country are over.
But my sister is an ICU nurse and it's been difficult not being able to see her and she honestly hasn't been coping 100% with the isolation. We have been doing big facetimes with family and having facetime drinks with friends which is keeping us all sane.  Mostly I just find it really lovely and heartwarming how everyone is coping together ❤️ I hope that in a years time this will all just be something that happened and we all got through.

• Love 1

Super stoked admin at

DIRECTORYAD.gif

My Monday through Friday life hasn't changed much because I'm working remotely, but my weekends are way more relaxing! While I miss getting together with friends, I'm really enjoying the extra time to go through our house and sort out things we don't need/want anymore and I've finally caught up on my mountain of books haha.

Guest burningbridges19

Mostly taking part in online classes, which me and my friends have affectionally dubbed 'The saddest podcasts ever'

One year ago, I was in Hawaii with my hubs and my parents. I wish I could just turn back the calendar and be there right now! My goodness, how I am craving the food! Malasadas, Portuguese sausage, mahi mahi burgers from the Pine Tree Cafe, shave ice, Garlic Furikake Chicken from Broke da Mouth, purple sweet potatoes, kalua pig, mai tais... At this very moment, one year ago, we were a few short hours from going to swim with dolphins (no contact with them -- just watching them swim past us, while we float in the water). Man, that was so great!

But, the good times will return! It won't be like it is now forever, which I have to keep reminding myself.

I have been working from home since March 16, which has been an "interesting" experience... But, I am grateful that I am still able to do my job from home and earn a regular paycheck every two weeks, which is a huge blessing.

My home office looks out on our backyard, so I have been observing loads of birds, squirrels, rabbits, ducks, and other critters, which has been a nice change, as don't have a window in my part of our office building. 

I cannot wait for things to go back to "normal" -- to be able to be out in public, to see my folks, to be rid of all this extra stress and anxiety... COVID-19 can't be gone soon enough!

I've also been working with a friend over the last several weeks on opening a new Doctor Who RP site -- which officially launched last night. I'm super-psyched!

Hope you all are well and staying sane during this crazy time. Take care of yourselves! ❤️

user posted image  

I work in higher education - we moved our courses online for this semester, and the spring/summer semesters, so there's still lots going on beyond the normal work for this time of year, but now it has to be done remotely, with a single laptop screen from my living room, rather than the full dual-monitor setup at the office. 

I'm glad to still be largely unchanged in my working life, but the stress of all the added stuff that accompanies the changes to going online is a bit overwhelming. Ultimately just doing my best to keep things moving forward as normally as possible for our students, and keeping myself sane with my site and D&D in my downtime!

spacer.png

Celebrating 3 wonderful years!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has mentioned that they're still working through this pandemic. It is a truly strange and difficult time for so many of us, and I really do hope that when this is over you are all recognised for your sacrifice and hard work, not just during the crisis, but for the critical services you provide to society in general. 

For me, I'm fortunate enough to still have a job, but that job is one of the ones that was deemed non-essential during the lock down. So currently I'm on furlough, and spending much of my day in my yarden, growing food, learning how to forage, doing yoga, and trying not to worry too much about the future.

I'm still in school so not much has changed for me fortunately. I am getting a little bummed out with all this staying indoors. Turning to RP to cope. It's also a really good time for people to try practicing mindfulness exercises! They can really help if you are feeling abnormally anxious or depressed.

I am actually busier than I have been in ages thanks to the schools being shut. I would be due to go back to work in the next couple of weeks if it wasn't for quarantine (most of my office has been furloughed), but instead I'm going to continue trying to keep a 5-year-old happy and educated, and an 7.5-month-old happy and fed, for the foreseeable. It's knackering!

• Like 1

I was off work before all this started for some mental/physical health reasons, so not a ton has changed for me because of it. All the province-owned parks have shut down though, which sucks because they own basically every outdoor, non-street space within walking distance so going down to the beach or trails is out. Aside from that, I recently got a hotplate after not having a stove for years, so I'm trying to teach myself how to cook (no food poisoning yet, so victory?). Plus, loads of Minecraft and working on my site and art. All about keeping busy.

• Like 1

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

Thank you to all the people who are still working, or considered essential. I can't even imagine how brutal this has been for you all. My mom's a nurse, and I am glad every day that she quit working in the ICU years ago. ❤️

I, unfortunately, am one of the millions of restaurant employees who have been laid off. I know my position is safe with the company, but I also know there is still the question of whether it will survive months of takeout orders only...

My bf and I worked for the same company, so we've been stuck at home together for almost 2 months now. He's decided to start gardening, and I am absolutely zero percent productive on any given day. I've also fucked up my sleep schedule so bad that I'm not falling asleep until after 4 in the morning, and sleeping well into the afternoon. 

We're watching a lot of tv, and the will to keep cooking instead of ordering out is dwindling rapidly. I have depression and anxiety, and OCD, and basically not being able to leave the house or be alone has sapped me of my will to do anything other than sit on my Discord and site all day. 

test2.png

Guidebook | Want Ads | Canon List

RPG-D Member's Choice Winner

Harry Potter 2020