How do you judge a site's activity?

Kieran

On 6/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, Lilythe said:

Personally for me, I feel I judge it similarly to the original poster. While OoC chat in the CBox/Discord is great to see if someone would be available to answer a question immediately, I like seeing posts on the board within the last week or so. The more Subforums with posts within the last week, the more active I feel it is. 

While activity isn't a major factor for me as to whether or not I'll be joining a site, I definitely don't join one that looks like it hasn't had many posts in the last month because I presume it's died and they forgot to take it down or something equivalent.

That is true. I am all for supporting other forums and such and most of us know you have to ride through the dry spots to get to the level you want in writers and activity - but if I dont see IC posting I am put off and just dont join

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

For me, its about half and half. If the board is super active but its dead in the chat, I feel like I'm ignored most of the time and its a huge turn off. I really have enjoyed the sites that have super active chats as well as active boards, as those tend to be the ones that I stick around the longest. 

100% on IC activity. Within the last week or so I want to see a number of posts. I know that some sites have slower days(mine sure does) so I look at the whole last week to get an idea. On a slow day, my members are still putting out 40 plus posts and on a good day... 75 plus and we are a smaller site currently so when I look around I want more of that not less.

rpgam.png

I base it on activity in general. An active chat is a good sign for me. It means there are people there and they are willing to chat and thread. It usually also means that there is activity IC as well. IC activity is important as well. I like to look for recent threads with a variety of people. If the recent threads are all advertisements for a while, I take it as sign that the site is dead or slow.

Ramis Fatorum