Typos for a Lifetime

Morrigan

• Admin

From autocorrect to drunk posting to your keyboard is just in the wrong spot. Share some hilarious typos that have slipped (or almost slipped) into your posts.

This one I think was a drunk post but I had to actually think about what I meant:

Alice was  glass her litter it drop and snuggled in to enjoy the movie for as long as he’d let her.

it was supposed to be “glad he let it drop”.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

A character cut off someone’s toes in rp

I was Chatting oocly and said: There will be penaltoes. 

penalties Was the intended word, but the context was too timely. Penaltoes has been a meme ever since. 

• LOL 3

Puss in Boots --> Piss in Boots

• LOL 3

4rlXnvM.png

Maudlin
A Post-War Marauders AU, 1985

Not mine, but one that will forever live in infamy with me. It was during my days in chat rp (Ikr?!) and we were in midplay. It was friends that seemed to travel together and we were fairly well known then. So the character was ordering a Mug of Beer... but... wait for it... 

it came out as Bug of Meer and has never been lived down since. 

In fact there are still times when I try to whip that one out to see who actually reads and it's always been good for a goof.

spacer.pngDecadence

• 3 weeks later...

Fight scene - I had intended on throwing a combustable vampire into the 'shade', but accidentally threw him into 'shale'. So, instead of making up and hopefully forming an alliance, we became worse enemies because I threw him into sharp rocks that appeared out of nowhere.

I love a good typo.

Oh and there was once when my friend and I were creating brothers. They ended up being FAR closer in age than we intended because neither of us can do maths, at all (not really a typo, but along the same vein).

• LOL 1

Okay, this isn't my typo, but another persons.  In all fairness these aren't typos but just bad...I don't even know.  I never replied to this person, since I had no idea what to write. The scene was two vampire hunters had found a group of thugs and my vamp girl had already taken out three of the four. She called to her vamp friend to finish

the other.

------------

He held for for now. Letting her do her thing of course. He was highly amused the Monet of curse.

He just grinned of course at first. “Well it seems that they are not in your good grasses so to say. Is there anything Is could help you with So to say?”

-----------

Favourites in there are Monet of curse (no idea), and good grasses for good graces. I can't say that last phrase without thinking good grasses.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

• 2 weeks later...

Not mine, but my partner's. I am a horrible person and didn't mention it right away because I didn't want it to be corrected.

Her character, talking to mine: "I must look horrible. My eyes are bloodshit from all the crying."

It eventually became site legend and the member took it in stride. I still love this person for being a good sport, wherever they are.

• LOL 3

Shady McShaderson

Fee fees = feelings

Oh god also, one of my FAVORITE writers of all time still does the alot a lot? And all I can think about is the Alot monster. 

Alot Monster

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

Speed posting some good ol' crack ships with a friend a few years ago while I was on the bus, and managed to fat-finger my way to "Jesus take the weeb" instead of "Jesus take the wheel". She managed to catch it before I did, screenshotted it, and posted it in a group chat (we collected particularly amusing typos). Next thing you know, it became a meme and we were basically shitposting a group RP of the stereotypical neckbeard weebs, but they were also magical girls and had to go back in time and save Jesus. Sadly the notepad file I'd saved that one to for posterity is now lost to time...

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is still a thing I do, but when I was originally roleplaying, I would often use the phrase "it sent a chill down [pronoun]'s spine." Well, I was pretty notorious for writing "it sent a child down [pronoun]'s spine." Everyone got a kick out it and they would never let me live it down...ever...to this day...

• LOL 1

dreamcityrpgsig.png

• Admin
On 4/25/2020 at 5:06 PM, Bailey said:

Oh and there was once when my friend and I were creating brothers. They ended up being FAR closer in age than we intended because neither of us can do maths, at all (not really a typo, but along the same vein).

Oh this happened to me once in a roleplay with @Dragon I calculated my character's age per the universe and she just used the standard age of her character which made my character like 10 years older. So she became the "jaguar" (or cougar) as an IC joke. It was amazing! All of their friends called her the jaguar and him the baby as he was so much younger.

Another recent one:

”I want to make a washer father,” she eventually said knowing her gladiators match was coming up.

Washer is supposed to be wager.

• LOL 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I shook a goat once (instead of coat) and I have yet to live it down. And I'm talking years. 😄 My phone loves to mess with me....it won't let me swear. Ever. It changes the F word to duck, damn to dawn...and shit to sit. So I'll say things like, I sit you not! Dawn it. What the duck.

My friends have learned that my phone really hates me and anything I say that's weird needs to be clarified as legit or just my phone being a ducking sit-head.

• LOL 1

This one wasn't IC, so not strictly relevant to the topic, but I also once typoed 'good' as 'god' when I was PMing an admin of a site I'm on but don't run. To this day, that admin has a screencap of me saying calling her 'god admin', which she pastes into our Discord at regular intervals!

• LOL 1

• Operations Mod

Whilst dealing with a zombie my character yelled for his girlfriend to "Grab the fire hydrant." Instead of the extinguisher. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution