Vesta Transition

Riseoftheg

Same way, just mention you need Vesta installed. 

• Preach it! 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

@Arceus would I be able to use my domain on Toaster? or could you recommended a paid hosting service I could upload Vesta to? Trying to determine my best options at this point. I paid for Vesta and the domain but currently can't use them without hosting.

You can use your domain on toaster, yes. I'm kind of out of the loop on standard hosting services, though, so I don't know what services there are. You could probably do a Google search and compare a few. 😄 There should also be a few topics like what host do you use in hosting discussions. 

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

@Arceus I was just seeing if you knew what was good for Vesta was all. How would I get set up on Toaster?

Oooh okay. I'd just need what domain you're using, and you'll need to set that domain's record to an A record for the server's ip which I don't know off the top...  136.34.18.231 there we are. It can take a few days for it to direct to the right server, but usually only one. Once it's going to ip tech, I'll install vesta for you and you can go do stuff. ^^

3 minutes ago, Arceus said:

Oooh okay. I'd just need what domain you're using, and you'll need to set that domain's record to an A record for the server's ip which I don't know off the top...  136.34.18.231 there we are. It can take a few days for it to direct to the right server, but usually only one. Once it's going to ip tech, I'll install vesta for you and you can go do stuff. ^^

The domain I'm using is la-soldier.com. I set an A record (hopefully I did it right)

Good deal! I'll check it in the morning and see if it's switched over, and with any luck you should be ready to go sometime tomorrow. c=

So I checked yesterday morning, and then checked again this morning, and it seems like the DNS is still bungled. If you let me know what registrar you're using, I can see if I can get your domain set right and we can get it going. c: For now though, if you like, I can set you up on a subdomain of kazeshini.net?

I’m using godaddy. I was checking as well.

And yes the subdomain would be good, thank you. :) 

Maybe this'll be a better place to start, could you screenshot what your records look like right now?

For now I'll get you going on la-soldier.kazeshini.net c:

2 minutes ago, Arceus said:

Maybe this'll be a better place to start, could you screenshot what your records look like right now?

For now I'll get you going on la-soldier.kazeshini.net 😄

I attached a screenshot. 🙂

Yay! 😄 

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 3.24.44 PM.png

Oooh I see what happened.

So if you want la-soldier.com itself to go to IP Tech, you'll need to set the name on the A record for it to @ instead of vesta. (vesta.la-soldier.com does go to IP Tech.) c:

1 minute ago, Arceus said:

Oooh I see what happened.

So if you want la-soldier.com itself to go to IP Tech, you'll need to set the name on the A record for it to @ instead of vesta. (vesta.la-soldier.com does go to IP Tech.) 😄

Oh ok! Lol fixing now.