apocalypse gone | zombies / "alien" invasion / other

Hello there, potential post-apocalypse buddies!

I am quite the fantasy/supernatural/horror & sci-fi fan. I've also always enjoyed the post-apocalyptic/alien invasion/zombie action films, shows, or games. It's been a while since I saw anything of this vibe out, and am fishing to see what interest there is. I have a few ideas in mind, and just want to feel out what feels best suited for me right now. (So yes, my other Interest Check topic is still in my idea pile as I've not yet committed to anything).

General theme
Whilst the cause of the apocalypse could swing in different directions, the outcome tends to be the same. With most inspirational material, the story is about the people that survived, societies that formed, and the scientists and military doing their things. But often there's some extra wild factors; zombies, alien invasion, monsters/creatures, or some crazy ass cult groups. Some things are caused naturally, others engineered by accident, aliens land, creatures could come from meteors or portals accidentally opened. So there's plenty of room for thought, I'm just currently poking brains to see what sounds like the most fun concept.

• Zombies could come in different types; those usually seen, and those that have further mutated to slightly different capabilities. That can be fun to bring in during events to shake up the fun. Zombies are cool, right? I just saw a few others who posted about zombies as i started writing this, so they gotta be cool, right?
  • Aliens could be invading military like Skyline, or possession parasites like The Mist, or creatures like The Silence, Birdbox, or A Quiet Place. Though, it could be possible some creature types could be formed by the cause of the zombie outbreak too as a combination of ideas. 
  • Incidents and natural disasters can include nuclear war, and basic survival of the environment. These could remain as natural disaster causing post-apocalypse, but I like bringing in another element to the mix. So the cause triggered more than just an environment - mutated abilities, zombies, creatures, or even fake ghosts. You know? When science makes something that looks rather like a ghost but it isn't and yet it can be creepy and also potentially harmful to interact with.  The last example was inspired by a couple of obscure films I saw and enjoyed.

general elements of the site
I tend to follow the same pattern in sites no matter the genre, so these should be likely elements that are not impacted by the plot specifically:

• We'd likely ask for a few sentences/a paragraph minimum. 
  • Probably 1-2 post per month minimum.  
  • A Chilled out and friendly community to build new friendships, enjoy writing, and people feel safe from assholes.  
  • I love profile apps, so i'd probably stick to using them.   
  • Some subplots are nice. There could be site events occasionally too.
  • Will have a Discord. I find it helpful as an admin and member. I always use embeds and styles to allow guest friendly interaction visible on the site and been testing the beta widget due to titan crashing a lot recently. The beta is much better. 
  • Simple Post templates / or BBcode [postl] ones - basically making that as easy as possible to just post without worrying about coding errors, or dodgy font clashes. 
  • NO BATTLE or STATS system. If anyone cannot decide an outcome, they can ask us to mediate, or just ask the Discord bot. It can pick randomly between options! It's awesome. 
  • I'm skeptical on a shop system. If there's an awards/shop system it shouldn't hugely impact character options. I find they can be unfair bias towards the most active and therefore can mess with the chill environment goal. I'd prefer rewards to be OOC elements and much fairer IC ones. I do like buttons and badges, and know many people love collecting badges for doing things.

But yeah...I'm throwing this out there to see if there's some interest for this sort of thing. So, any takers? Even if you currently don't have time, but would like things, i'd appreciate a little interested wave. Thanks

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had responses elsewhere & i updated the OP with further info. Just wanted to point that out. ! 😜

f.gif

Edited by Lady Croft

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Oooooh! Hi! Yes! This definitely sounds interesting! And kinda reminds me of Z Nation honestly, but in a good way!

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

• 1 month later...

Good seeing some more interest. I'm still keeping my eye on this as i'm busy with the house move and keeping my eye out for the other topic on zombie apoc that was said to be being made as we pondered this. I am watching my thread here and ones posted elsewhere! 

spacer.png