Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you openly discuss all of your characters?

If you are interested in this topic the Initiative staff recommends that you start a new topic as there hasn't been a post in it in 97 days.

from a member standpoint, i mean if you... want to not discuss your characters that works? it's a little unusual but sure if you want to keep them secret, go for it? most of the sites i run or am on we have a who's who list or sub-accounts attached to a main account so it's generally moot. however, from a staff standpoint i would want to know who was played by who - because if someone was consistently breaking the same rules, but with different characters and i didn't know who played that character, i wouldn't be able to appropriately handle the situation.

I've never given this topic much thought. We have a member directory and such, but honestly I can see why, in certain instances, some people might want to have their characters split up. I heard about some bullying in private messages happening on one site I was on, which in of itself is toxic and was handled when it was brought to the admin's attention, and the author made characters on a new account to escape the person who was pressuring them for specific plots. I think sometimes people just want a new alias or want to separate themselves for different reasons. I wouldn't judge them for it. I've never had anyone purposely hide what characters are attached to their account though. 

• Agree 1

While I agree with it being easier to plot when all your characters are revealed, I almost always start out new characters as separate and secret because I want to establish them in their own right and not have any preconceived notions come from me or other characters I play. Once they are somewhat established though, I generally don't mind whether people know or not ... except I am occasionally embarrassed by the amount of characters I have and my apparent lack of self control in making new ones. 

• Preach it! 2

yZU7KoE.jpg