you are the opposite of Batman

sightedwolf

What's up y'all - I'm orli, and it's 2am so I figured it's the perfect time to post this a week late

I'm a Southerner, and a waitress in a fancy restaurant (well I was before we had to close our dining room, so now I'm just unemployed and bored) so I love to talk about food and beverages. Seriously. Come to me for wine pairings, flavor combinations, etc. I love talking to people about food and drinks that make them happy! That's why I still do it for a living.

I live with my bf of several years and our two dogs, Zoso and Bran. Zoso is my first child, and Bran is the sweetest, dumbest, goodest momma's boy you've ever met. And yes, he's named for everyone's least favorite Stark child. When we brought him home, the first thing he did was jump onto the coffee table to play with Zoso, so he earned that name by climbing on stuff he shouldn't.

I love unicorns and the color purple and glitter and makeup. And glittery makeup. And purple makeup.  Oh, and the Jim Henson movie Labyrinth. I have a sizable Labyrinth tattoo, and it includes the tiniest David Bowie you'll ever see. I'm also a trivia nerd. We participated in a Harry Potter trivia tournament two years in a row - and we always came in just off the lead. I'll tell you this - The Chamber of Secrets runtime is a lot longer than you think it is.

I'm also not-so-secretly a nerd for the paranormal. Ghost Adventures is one of my favorite things to watch, dead serious.

I've been roleplaying online since I was in middle school - who else started on Neopets? I would seriously sit and write on a Neopets thread all day on the weekends when I could. I even still have one of my favorite starters saved to my computer, split into 150 or 170 word segments - I forget which it was XD Occasionally I wish there was a site set up in a similar fashion so you could post and just have people jump in and join you. It was fun.

... I'm so bad at these y'all. Happy to be here and thanks for listening to me ramble ❤️

• Cheers 1

test2.png

Guidebook | Want Ads | Canon List

RPG-D Member's Choice Winner

Harry Potter 2020

Welcome to the Initiative, @sightedwolf. It's awesome that you found  the site. I am also a Southerner - born and raised. Coincidentally, my parents ran a bar and restaurant when I was growing up. I waitressed most evenings and weekends while in school. Summers were busy with the horse show circuit.

I also love watching various paranormal shows and seriously love anything remotely related to historical or Bible mysteries. There's a new ghost / paranormal tales show called True Terror with Robert Englund. What I like about it is that the stories are based on reported incidents. Some have a normal explanation, some are questionable. It's good fun either way.

And Labyrinth! WOW! I was a die-hard David Bowie fan. He was great as Jareth.

Hope to see you around!

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

@StormWolfe Thank you! I'll have to check out that show - I love hearing other people's experiences with the unexplained. 

And I know right? Bowie-as-Jareth will always be my favorite Bowie.

• Love 1

test2.png

Guidebook | Want Ads | Canon List

RPG-D Member's Choice Winner

Harry Potter 2020