My eyes are probably crossed

Riseoftheg

THE EASE of Vesta is spoiling me. I've spent the better part of the day, just toiling away! I love it!

Just some questions from my explorations, maybe I'm blind or I'm just fried for the day:

1. How do I delete files from the file manager?
  2. I've been trying to adjust the theme's CSS but the header and dimensions do not change to the coding
  3. How do I get a Who's Who, Player directory up? I've tried using the 'field' option in the Page manager but I'm unable to load from the profile just what I put in the biography form.
  4. How do I get the biography form to show in the character profile? (I've been comparing IP and Winterlight for these ideas)
  5. Would I be able to do shippers in the profile or would it be seperate (I can live without, just wondering at this point)

Vesta is LOVELY. I'm glad I'm transitioning into it?

Not sure about the rest but I believe you have to have the fields filled out for the biography to show on the profile. It’s been a bit since I fiddled with it though. and since you can make different tabs on the profiles I don’t see why you couldn’t have a shipper in it. Not sure how or if people could reply to them though. 

• Preach it! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

Yeah I’m probably tired and overlooking something.

The shipper I’m not married to, I may just move that and the other OOC stuff into discord.

It’s been such a smooth ride (since my last crash) lol I was bound to hit a snag sooner or later lol.

• Like 1

1. If you can't do that in the file manager of the admin panel, then I didn't code that yet, sorry. 

2. Cloudflare caches site CSS, and IP Tech runs on it. It'll take a few hours to change. I can temporarily turn it off when I get up. 

3. What Zozma said. The bio form IS the profile and vice versa. There is no difference. 

4. You'll need to turn on auto display if you're not manually setting up the template. It's a bitch to do that and tbh front end theme controls are half broken, so I don't recommend doing it yourself. I will if you want, but if you can just wait, do that, because Salerno. 

5. Also what Zozma said. 

• Like 2

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

7 hours ago, Arceus said:

1. If you can't do that in the file manager of the admin panel, then I didn't code that yet, sorry. 

2. Cloudflare caches site CSS, and IP Tech runs on it. It'll take a few hours to change. I can temporarily turn it off when I get up. 

3. What Zozma said. The bio form IS the profile and vice versa. There is no difference. 

4. You'll need to turn on auto display if you're not manually setting up the template. It's a bitch to do that and tbh front end theme controls are half broken, so I don't recommend doing it yourself. I will if you want, but if you can just wait, do that, because Salerno. 

5. Also what Zozma said. 

1. No worries, just glad I wasn't missing anything
  2. ^^^ (Same as 1)
  3. (+4) I think I'll wait if I'm understanding correctly *hasn't had morning coffee yet*. 

I know the Character bio form is the Character profile. Unless I can edit the template myself, the Character Profile will only show thread trackers and other characters, it won't display what a player puts in the Character Biography Form?  (Update: Ahhh...I see what you mean)

Would I need to build a who's who template to show the players and their characters?

Edited by Riseoftheg

No, it has a built-in who's who at /who. A full list of characters is at /ranking. Note that the character list will display characters that are NPCs, while the who's who will not, because they don't belong to anyone.

• Preach it! 1

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

1 hour ago, Arceus said:

No, it has a built-in who's who at /who. A full list of characters is at /ranking. Note that the character list will display characters that are NPCs, while the who's who will not, because they don't belong to anyone.

Bless you. ❤️

@Arceusjust..THANK YOU..again....I was about to copy and paste my Alliances/Departments into a page and then I remembers you mentioning the ranking which SAVED me. *collapses in joy and relief*

• You're Welcome 1

@Arceusa couple of questions regarding the mobile site:

1. How do I get the menu to show?
  2. Is there a way to show a "login" link?
Edited by Riseoftheg

1. Known issue, sometimes the button doesn't show on some mobile devices. Why I don't know. Tap around on the far right of the bar, it should slide out.

2. There is a login option in the user menu pullout.

• Preach it! 1

@Arceusthe domain is getting a privacy error and per GoDaddy I'd have to setup an SSL cert and then install on the hosting? Does this sound right to you?

Got it. <3

Edited by Riseoftheg

• 3 weeks later...

No, it's not. If you can reach IP Tech (inpopul.us), the entire system is up.

Looks like you've got an error. I'll look at it when I get up. 

Edit: So what did you do to this exactly? Because I'm not finding any errors in the log but obviously something broke. And if I can't hunt down what exactly you did then I may have to completely restore your default theme.

The only thing I did different yesterday was add some ip addresses to the ban manager. I didn’t change the theme or anything 😞 recently.

Edited by Riseoftheg

That actually tells me exactly what's wrong, thank you. Sec.

Edit: There you go. c: